Please dont order from Optics Planet,,,,dont even think about it,,,!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankenMauser

The two (three?) times I did business with Optics Planet, I was far from pleased.
On one particular occasion, I was flat-out irate.

Not a good company, in my opinion.

NoSecondBest

I've bought dozens of items from them for years with NO problems what-so-ever. I purchased three Leupold scopes over the last year, a couple of red dots, and a bunch of other stuff with no problems. Do as you please, but they've been a round a long time and have a very good reputation. This post doesn't sound right to me. BBB rating of A+ effective 2/17/17

stephen426

Unfortunately, a company is only as good as its worst employees. I ordered from them before and had a good experience. They need to figure out who is screwing things up in the returns department and fire them. Good help is pretty hard to find these days. Great companies will recognize a problem and move quickly to ensure their customers are satisfied. Unfortunately, if their return "system" is being intentional fed bad information by an employee intent on stealing from them, it takes a while to untangle things. You have to understand that most mail order companies operate off very thin margins and don't want to get scammed.

rickyrick

I've only bought gun parts from them, even though the name is OpticsPlanet.
Granted, my purchases were for stuff I couldn't find elsewhere, free float tube, gas-blocks and other odds and ends.

I don't remember any phenomenal service though, think it took a while to get my stuff, but I didn't worry about it.

If they are ripping off fellow gun owners, I want nothing to do with them.

buck460XVR

I've ordered several things from them over the years because they had the best prices on those items. Never had a problem. I'd assume because of the huge volume they have, there will always be a good number of folks that have issues. Seems that site makes money by interaction between complaining buyers and so called "Accredited" sellers. To be "Accredited" sellers pay a monthly fee and Optics Planet is not "Accredited".

TailGator

I have bought a handful of things from them, too, some gun related and some not. No problems.

Seems that site makes money by interaction between complaining buyers and so called "Accredited" sellers. To be "Accredited" sellers pay a monthly fee and Optics Planet is not "Accredited".

That is more common among review sites than you would think. I have been contacted by a site whose name would be recognized by everyone here with an offer to improve my rating for a fee. Seems like extortion to me, but I didn't pursue it, didn't pay, and won't ever pay for such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.