Pleasant Surprise, S&W M&P 9 EZ

AzShooter

I bought a new S&W M&P 9 EZ last week from Sportsman's Warehouse in Phoenix. I wanted a .380 or 9 mm and had to settle on the 9. None of the places I looked at had any pistol ammo so, why buy a gun I can't use. I had about 1000 rounds of 9 mm on had from when I shot centerfire guns. I had to give them up do to a possible move to assisted living and they did not allow guns.

I picked up the last 9 mm handgun they had in the store. There was a line behind me of over 50 disappointed people that were going to have to settle on something else.

I finally got to shoot the EZ today at our local indoor range. The outdoor range closed do the virus and should open again tomorrow after figuring out a way for people to stay 10 feet apart and how to clean their hands when done shooting.

So, I loaded up my two magazines with American Eagle 124 grain bullets. I have a lot of this in my safe and will be replenishing it from sales on-line.
The EZ lives up to it's name and the advertisement from Smith And Wesson.

It was EZ to load the magazines, easy to see the 3-dot sights and recoil was surprisingly easy. I fired 50 rounds and am pleased with my purchase. At 10 and 15 yards I am able to keep all my shots in the 10 ring of a Bianchi target.

Taking the gun apart was no exception to the rule. Racking the slide back ( something I have had a problem with lately do to arthritis) was no effort. Cleaning was easy and I got the gun into most new condition. This is a keeper.

Designed for women or the old feeble ( like me ) the Shield EZ 9 is a winner in my opinion.

Kev8kRdl.jpg

bedbugbilly

Dang AZ - nice looking revolver but where's the cylinder? :)

I have the 380 - look forward to being able to check one of these out as I have a feeling one will follow me home to join the other 9s.

Sharkbite

I just bought one of the EZ 9’s for my wife. Her birthday was last weekend. Took it to the range that day for a little spin. She LOVED it. I fired a cpl mags thru it and it lived up to its name. Hits to POA at 7yds. Reasonable trigger (take up, break and reset all good).

Its a little large for a single stack 9, but its not meant as an ultra concealable pistol. It does give lots of room for a good grip.

Its a keeper for sure. 2 thumbs up

Proffer

Have both the 380 and 9 EZ models. Gotta say i think the 9 is my new favorite. Compared it to my Sig P365...and thought the EZ felt much better.

claydoctor

I examined both a 380 and a 9mm a few months back. I did not care for the grip safety. I found that unless I had my hand holding the gun just right, it would not fire. Might have been a fluke but I much prefer the standard Shield. I also noted that although it was not difficult to rack the slide on either, the 9mm was noticeably stiffer. I guess that is to be expected.

Ibmikey

After shooting my EZ 380 for the past year I was anxious to handle and fire the EZ 9mm, last week our local gun shop had one lone 9mm left with the manual safety something I really did not desire. Bought the pistol sand like the 380 it shot tiny groups at 7yards and rang the 25 yard steel with each shot fired. As indicated above the pistol is just EZ to handle, load fire and take down. Gripped properly the grip safety is not even noticed as the pistol pumps out shot after shot.

rickmelear

Bought the EZ .380 for my wife who is not a gun person. She loves it. Not problem loading the mag, working the slide and loves the soft recoil. I’m sure the 9mm is much of the same.
I’m thankful for S&W for taking the chance and building a great gun

603Country

As I mentioned, we have and like the 380 EZ. The grip safety has never been a negative for me, but several lady shooters (newbies) did have a problem with the pistol not firing. They would say that they were squeezing the trigger, but the gun would not shoot. It took me a moment to realize that they weren’t gripping the pistol properly. It has happened enough that I think it could be an issue with new shooters.