playtheblues

playtheblues

LOL! I was waiting on that question! NO, but I really don't have but about 30 minutes total time fooling with it. I was just thinking about fooling with it again today, and fully anticipate success. I will report back asap. :D
BB

playtheblues

Got it!! Actually I was doing it RIGHT all along, but it just didn't look right. I thought one of the ears of the bolt was supposed to fall on the cam of the hammer, but it actually went beside the hammer. After putting it together, I see why all said it was so simple. Actually, it is so simple that I could probably assemble it blindfolded. The good thing is that now that I can assemble it so easily, I can clean it completely after every shooting. My cylinder did get a tad of rust on the exterior, but I can buff it back out. I had washed it good and clean, but not oiled it. Anyhow, the gun is a keeper and will be shot regularly. I appreciate you folks encouragement and sticking with me.
Bill in SC

Hawg

I can clean it completely after every shooting.

You really don't have to. I only tear mine completely down once a year or whenever I think about it. I just break it down to the three basic parts and soak it all in soapy water(minus grips). After it all soaks a few minutes I swish the action around some and then set it aside to drain. Once the barrel and cylinder is clean I spray the action out real good with WD-40 to displace water. After the WD I use Remoil or whatever is handy to spray it out again and reassemble. Don't get Remoil or any petroleum based oil in the chambers or bore. It'll be a bugger to clean next time if you do. In the action is ok. I used to use Balistol but it's getting hard to find.

Oquirrh

I've been using the Hoppes No.9 for black powder [not the regular stuff]. It seems to have the same characteristics as the Ballisol and I can get it locally for about half as much. Even dilutes so a bottle lasts forever.