Playing dress-up with my 1903

10-96

I just ordered a Repro 1917 Enfield Kerr style sling from Numrich. Well made- looks close enough to pics of originals. I put the thing on, and it looks OK, but if I take it to a Springfield Match- I'll go back to a M-14 Sling. My question is: The rifle is a 1942 make, would anyone rib me for having that style on a rifle of that year? Do ya'll think it's close enough for the time period and asthetics?

WeedWacker

Personally I wouldn't care. If you were putting it in a glass case for display then the right time period might be crucial.

chuter

For a replacement leather sling I only use Turner. www.turnersling.com If an original comes with a collectable battle rifle I buy, I take the original off for keepsake and put a Turner on for use. If I want a cloth sling I can pick them up at gun shows for a few $$$. If I sell the rifle (I have yet to do so 'cause I think there's a law against ever selling any gun you ever buy... at least, that's what I told my wife) I would include the original sling and keep the Turner for use on another rifle.

10-96

Kerrs aren't leather- they were cotton. I don't know why, but I whole heartedly prefer the M14 nylon slings for match over leathers.