Played around with the new HK P30SK in LEM today.

Mystro

My LGS got two in today. It was a quality piece. Played around with one for about 30 minutes. Its bigger than I thought for a 10+1. very nice but won't take the place of my P320 Subcompact that holds 12+1.

Sharkbite

What did you think of the LEM trigger. Way back when, my agency was switching to autos and i got involved in the testing process. One of my favs was a LEM model USP. We didnt end up going with it, politics got in the way and we ended up with a S&W 4046:(

Mystro

The LEM is a nice trigger feel. Its not light but consistent. It has a long take up to stage the trigger.

PSP

I haven't seen the new HK yet. Maybe tomorrow at the gun show in Fredericksburg, Va. I'm wondering if this new model will have enough difference to make me change from the P2000sk, which I think is a great gun.

Mystro

I don't think so.
I am a big HK and Sig fan/owner. I think the new standout in guns this size is the P320 Subcompact. I love my new P320SC and its thinner with 12+1. Can't see why a P30SK that is thicker doesn't get 12+1??? My wifes USPc in 9mm isnt that much bigger than the P30SK. Then there is the price.
If Sig can get the price Sub $600 so could HK for the P30SK. IMO, the P30SK is about $100 too much for what it brings to the field. If it was $600 with 12+1, I would have purchased one today because I am a HK fan.

Last edited:

TheGunPunch

I'd love to handle the new compact SK version. I'm glad to hear you like your 320. The trigger on the 320 is my favorite for striker fired pistols.

Uncle Malice

Yeah, I'm not too impressed with the P30SK. I'm actually looking at maybe picking up a P2000SK in light LEM now that the prices are so cheap.

I'm really loving the VP9 though. Now that I've had both the VP9 and P320 for about 6 months, I think I can say that I slightly prefer the VP9 to the P320. That's not to say I don't like the P320, I like it a lot and it's awesome that they are both such great guns. The VP9 needed more of a trigger break-in than the P320 did, but after many rounds and many, many dry fires the VP9 action is quite nice. I was originally leaning more towards the P320, but after playing with the panels on the VP9 and putting the small backstrap with large side panels on it, I think I found the sweet spot for me. I wasn't digging the big hump in the grip. With that gone, it feels much more like the P30.

Will Beararms

The triggers on HK's are terrible IMHO. The de-cocker on newer versions are terrible IMHO. The spare parts and mags are not worth what they ask for them IMHO. They are fine handguns in spite of all this.

rt11002003

My five HK's have great triggers. Four of them are USP's with match triggers, about 4 pound pull. My Mark 23 has a really good trigger, also. But, it is a tad heavy (7+ lbs.?). It's a great ,fun gun to shoot. I handle the heavy trigger OK, until I tire.

Had a HK p30s, terrible trigger; otherwise an almost perfect handgun.

I'm a SIG fan, also. Most of mine have about 4 pound triggers, smooth. Two are X-Series, set at 2 1/2 pounds.

JDBerg

I saw a P30SK V3 at an LGS this week and the DA trigger pull was noticeably lighter & better than the DA trigger pull on my own stock P30 V3. The SA pull on the SK seems pretty close to my P30.

I'd like to find out if that is due to a lighter (12lb?) hammer spring on the SK, or is there something else done to the trigger?

I usually do not like mag extensions but I'm assuming they will be coming up with an extension to use the P30 mag with the P30SK, does anybody know if an "SK" mag extension is in the works?

Last edited:

TunnelRat

I usually do not like mag extensions but I'm assuming they will be coming up with an extension to use the P30 mag with the P30SK, does anybody know if an "SK" mag extension is in the works?

HK doesn't usually produce these themselves, but companies like X-grip do and have so in the past for the P2000 and P2000sk in relation to P30 mags.

sigarms228

I saw a P30SK V3 at an LGS this week and the DA trigger pull was noticeably lighter & better than the DA trigger pull on my own stock P30 V3. The SA pull on the SK seems pretty close to my P30.

I'd like to find out if that is due to a lighter (12lb?) hammer spring on the SK, or is there something else done to the trigger?

Probably hammer spring. I put the 10 LB hammer spring in my P30LS and the DA trigger is pretty sweet now between the 10 LB spring and 1000 rounds fired.

You can get one here if interested. Easy install also - just need to remove backstrap for access.

have not had any issues with the lighter spring with a wide variety of ammo.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Hammer-Spring-For-USP-P30-P2000-Light-199p16489.htm

LandToSea

Probably hammer spring. I put the 10 LB hammer spring in my P30LS and the DA trigger is pretty sweet now between the 10 LB spring and 1000 rounds fired.

You can get one here if interested. Easy install also - just need to remove backstrap for access.

have not had any issues with the lighter spring with a wide variety of ammo.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Hamme...-199p16489.htm

Did you also swap to the Light trigger return spring and light firing block spring?
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1801

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1955

How does one make the DA pull nicer on an Hk?

If there's no way to do it with factory parts, I'm going to have to pass...

Also, are they dry fire friendly? Like Glocks?

I remember my old USP9c didn't have the new firing pin... Every time I would dry fire it, I would die a little inside. I heard they fixed that issue with a beefier firing pin, just never got around to it.:eek:

TunnelRat

Change the hammer spring and install a lighter firing pin block spring. The former can be had from Wolff springs and hte latter comes from hkparts.net.

Gracias mi ratoncito!

They have one from Hk Parts too? O_O Not gonna lie, I would prefer that.

This is just me wondering. I always remembered preferring SIG's triggers to Hk's. Still do. But I haven't had a new DA/SA in a long time. Last 2 I had were USP's. The P30 before that has a crazy weird DA pull. lol...

You'll see soon enough the fun and excitement that I and another forum member did on a trade. :D

LandToSea

Yes, the HKparts hammer spring is linked in the quote of my post above. Funny I am thinking about trading or buying/selling my V3 DA/SA for a V1