Plated Bullets For 10mm Auto

kilotanker22

I have used the 9mm plated bullets version 2 from Everglades ammo for quite some time, but only in 9mm Luger. Velocities range from 1050-1250 fps. I have never had anything but good results with them. I am considering buying the same bullets in .400" for my 10mm. Velocity is what concerns me. Velocity for my 10mm loads basically start where my faster 9mm loads leave off. With my 180 grain loads I am 1200+ fps, and with the 155 grain load I am 1400+ fps. The topic is as follows:

Has anyone here loaded the heavy plate concave base bullets from Evergladesammo.com, and exceeded 1200-1250 fps? If so, did you have trouble with leading or accuracy? Curious to hear what your results have been, especially if you have done so with a 10mm Auto pistol.

I am shooting the Springfield XDm Elite osp compact in 10mm, discussion is much appreciated.

Edit: I do not intend to download the ammunition. I prefer to shoot full power loads for training. Keeps me honest.

kilotanker22

Another thing I have wondered is if the Berry's hybrid hollow point will survive 10mm Auto full power velocities. I am not pushing velocities as much as some are, but still several hundred fps faster than their recommended velocity.

Shadow9mm

Check the velocity specs on the bullets. Most plated they dont reccomended pushing.

For exaple
berrys flat point 180g reccomeds not exceeding 1250fps
Berrys hybrid hp 180g reccomeds a range between 975fps to 1075fps

kilotanker22

Check the velocity specs on the bullets. Most plated they dont reccomended pushing.

For exaple
berrys flat point 180g reccomeds not exceeding 1250fps
Berrys hybrid hp 180g reccomeds a range between 975fps to 1075fps
Yeah, the hybrid hollow points should be able to be pushed faster than that though. Berry's lists the velocity for the hybrid hollow points as expanding and penetrating to a certain depth when fired from those velocities. I am willing to bet that they will be ok up to the 1250 mark where my 180 grain loads are.

The ones I would be most concerned with would be the lighter weight loads that are 1400+. I read.more and found that Berry's lists the max velocity for their thick plated to be 1500fps.

seanc

Check with Everglades ammo, they should be able to tell you. I took a quick look at their website and they imply their double-plated rounds can go to higher velocities.