'Plastic' Bushmaster

hotcha45

May be old news by now, but was shocked to see a new Bushmater .223 with a plastic lower! This came w/2 30rnd mags, and a Bushnell red dot scope and mount w/ the dot 6 MOA!
And I thought aluminum was bad!

eastbank

i have a armilite 180-B thats like that, it may not last 1,000,000 rounds, but i got it for a to go rifle as it,s light. i have close to a thousand rounds thru it with no problems and it holds its own with my colt light weight target match. the only weakness i can see is if you flop it forward when you break it to clean it, you could break the holes off the the front pin go thru, but being fore warned should take care of that problem. eastbank. ps i forgot the 180-B is a piston system not direct gas like the ar-15.

Last edited:

madcratebuilder

Bushmaster has had the Carbon15 on the market for years. They claim "space-age Carbon 15 composite molded Receivers for light weight and rugged durability", I'm not so sure. I have handled one and it was a bit lighter, but not that much.

dawico

The best way to shave weight off an AR to me seems to be using smaller capacity magazines. I don't think saving a few ounces would be worth losing that much strength, but to each their own.

smee78

If it last half as long as the Glock or the numerous other poly framed pistols out there then there should be no problems with it, I perfer a gun of wood and steel but that is just a personal pref. I dont see that many people wearing out there guns these days from shooting, mostly from playing/neglect.