Pistols

Kevin_d77

Soooo I've been bitten. First it was a CZ82 and I love it. Then, it was a CZ70 and once again....I love it but maybe even more! So now I'm looking at a few other pistols namely the P-64, the TTC Romanian Tokarev and definitely a Makarov. The Mak is highest on my list right now but I can't seem to find them anywhere but the auction sites. Think the P64 will be next as I don't want to add another caliber right now.

With that being said, where can I locate some Mak's, what is a good price depending on the country of origin and what other pistols would you recommend as must-have's?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Kevin_d77

I already have a CZ82 as noted above. Not sure about the auction sites, I would prefer to find something like Aim Surplus or the like.

Not really sure what a good price is on real Makarovs

noelf2

I don't think the surplus websites have the P-64's anymore. More or less dried up. Price on them elsewhere is rising fast. They are nice little guns.

Last edited:

noelf2

It'll only get worse (more expensive) with time. The two I got when they first became C&R eligible were $180 each IIRC. both VG condition and good shooters. I got two because parts were/are scarce.

tobnpr

Bought a M57 for my son a couple of years ago. Fun to shoot, the 7.62 ammo packs a punch.
Unfortunately the surplus ammo has dried up, and the 7.62 factory ammo is pricey.

Cheapshooter

A check of Southern Ohio Guns website shows Romanian Tokarev pistols in stock @ $209.95, and the Yugo M57 9+1 capacity variant with a much more usable, and pleasing looking safety for $229.95. They also show Post WWII, C&R eligible Walther P-1 versions of the P38 pistol for $339.95

Cheapshooter

Any opinions on the Romanian TTC Tokarev?
I have a Romanian, Polish, and Yugo M57. All three are great shooters. I haven't had any malfunctions with any of the three. The Romanian, and Polish both have the poorly done trigger block safety. The Yugo has a much more pleasing looking, and better functioning safety similar to a 1911. The Yugo also features a bit longer grip, and one additional round capacity in the magazine.

Doyle

I see you are in SW FL. I've got a Russian Commercial Mak (IJ-70) that I could easily sell you. It looks almost brand new. I've also got a Bulgiarian milspec but that one looks more well-used (still shoots good and is mechanically great) that I could possibly be persuaded to sell. That Bulgy is my night-stand gun so it is in active use. The IJ-70 just sits in the safe begging to be shot.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested. I also have a P-64 but that is my carry gun so it has to stay. :D