pietta 1860 44 cal revolvers

moisanfan11

Went around looking for some gun stuff and found these to revolvers. They just caught my eye and i recently got into black powder guns so i checked them out. They are pietta 1860 army revolvers and the people that are saling them are saling them as a pair. Anyway any thoughts on them

Last edited:

Fingers McGee

Depends. When were they made, and how much have they been used? New, current manufacture Piettas are fit and finished better than older ones and will require less tinkering to make them reliable. Pictures would help. Check the price they are wanting against what you can buy them for new from Cabelas.

They could be a great deal.............. or a real stinker.

Last edited:

brazosdave

yup, like Fingers said, the newer ones are pretty great out of the box. I have one. If you can get em cheap on gunbroker or something, great, but don't get too close to Cabela's price. Any pistols I ever buy used I buy at a substantially low price, on the assumption I may have to do some work. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Doc Hoy

F and B + 1

Brass and steel make a big difference too.

Your decision to look at 1860 Colts is (IMO) a good choice.

They are good looking revolvers and fun to shoot.

deerslayer303

You can't go wrong with an 1860.

I hearby nominate Beagle333 the 1860 promoter on the black powder section of the firing line dot com!!! Can I get someone to SECOND the motion?? :D I'm willing to say he's kinda partial hehe

Hawg

I'll second that.

I have heard the Pietta 1860 and 1851 army cylinders are the same?

The 1860 Army and the so called .44 Navy use the same cylinders. There is no 51 Army.

Beagle333

Go with the 1860, every time!

I'm willing to say he's kinda partial hehe

Woohoo! I'll wear the title proudly. :D

I'm currently in the middle of promoting the use of said revolver right now, here at my range..... um.... backyard, as it is.