Picture Thread In Honour of Mr Camp

Amin Parker

Hi all,

I would like to post pictures of my and my dear departed friend Mr Stephen Camps favourite pistol.

I included my first place certificate which i accepted in his honour. Please feel free to post pictures of Hi Powers and Handguns in his honour.

Rest in peace my friend, you are missed.

Amin Parker
South Africa.

Attachments

• 30052011.jpg
    30052011.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 524

.22lr

Rest In Peace - Stephen A Camp

Prayers for him and his family. May they all find the peace and solace they need.

I have read many of his posts on a different forum... The world is diminished by his loss, as it is for all great people.

Very Respectfully,

Matt

Stephen PM'd me on this gun and photo when I posted it some time ago, relating that he like it, finding it simple and elegant; all that it needed, and nothing that it doesn't. I sure appreciated the compliment. Further exchanges found that we had almost similar life experiences with guns, law enforcement, even age (he was just a year older than me), he in Texas, me in Ohio. What a swell guy.
DSC05902.jpg
[/IMG]

egor20

Sorry to hear Mr. Camp has died

Thank you for this Mr. Parker

RIP Mr. Camp and your family
I will be lighting a candle for your family on Sunday, and you will be in our Prayers on Sunday Mass.

Stringfellow

Sharps, our tastes often diverge ;), but that is one of the best looking hard chrome (nickle?) HPs I have ever seen. Inspiring!

DSC_0070.jpg
He was one of my main inspirations behind this one.

P1010105lores.jpg
And here's his second favorite pistol.

Quentin2

Such sad news, my prayers are with Mr Camp's family.

I just read a few recent posts by him, just in the last week. Always helpful, always polite. And just last month I bought his newly revised book on his beloved Hi Powers, he even took the time to autograph and thank me for the purchase.

A very nice man, a very good man. He will be missed by many.

tipoc

This is the first I have heard he passed. I'm saddened by that. His website is one of the best on the web. He was a patient man and a gentleman. Friendly, generous with his knowledge, and professional in his contributions. His posts were often models on how to do it.

tipoc

nefprotector

Wow! I remember Stephen A Camp from way back. I loved to read and look @ the pics that Stephen A Camp and Bren use to share with us all. R.I.P Stephen

Dobe

Stephen A. Camp is in heaven shooting slow fire at 25 yards with his S&W Model 24. And he's enjoying it.

Thank you Stephen for the knowledge you shared with us.

Last edited:

Harry Callahan

RIP, my friend. Although we never met I feel I knew you. You will always have my respect and gratitude for sharing your vast knowledge of quite possibly the most beautiful firearm ever invented, the Hi Power. Take care, and see you on the other side. BTW, please say hello to JMB for me!

Smaug

Here are a coupel Stephen liked:

The Bersa 380 pleasantly surprised him with its accuracy and trigger:
IMGP3061s.jpg

He was sure a better shot than me though. I think this target was shot at 50', offhand, with the first shot DA:
IMGP3144.jpg

He had some nice words about the SP-101, namely that it was the smallest revolver he would trust to shoot more than the occasional 357: (In general, he preferred the J-frame snubbies though)
IMGP3149s.jpg

Let's not forget the mighty Hi-Power. It fits in the hand better than any gun I've ever felt. I would call it a tie with the CZ-75, which I also believe he had quite some respect for:
IMGP3071s.jpg

IMGP3072s.jpg

The Hi-Power is still being carried in some parts of the world, I believe. This was taken in 2008 in Antwerp, Belgium:

IMGP2996.jpg

Coltman 77

Stephen was truly a scholar and a gentleman. He'll be sorely missed. :(

Here's a picture of my favorite BHP -- a 1969 T Series that was my Dad's carry pistol for many years. He had a good collection but the Browning was his preference.

It shows some wear but I do take it out of the safe once or twice a year and shoot it.

DSCN0895.jpg

Doogle

Stephen's writings played an important part in me acquiring this one...>

It was sad to hear of his passing.

hpsight1.jpg

VTRich

It is very sad to hear of his passing. His Hi Power Book, and maintenance guides are a must have for the Hi Power owner.

Here is my 1969/70 T-Series Hi Power with Tangent Sights.

Hipower_1.jpg

Hipower_2.jpg

Hipower_3.jpg

tex45acp

Stephen was an extremely knowledgeable man about firearms in general but knew the Browning Hi Power better than most. I spent many hours chatting with him an was an active contributor in his Hi Powers and Handguns Forum. He was always happy to share his real worldknowledge and experiences for the asking.
Rest in peace my friend and may God bless the hearts of your family members with comfort in this time of loss.

Tex45acp

Here is my hard chrome that he really liked
BHPTUCKER.jpg

Last edited: