pics of my evil,overpriced,overrated,hi-cap,weighed down,black monstrosity.....

Jermtheory

i usually dont start many threads(especially "look at me" ones),but i just finished her(i think) and you know...being a proud parent and all.:D

Jermssickness024.jpg

Jermssickness025.jpg

Jermssickness002.jpg

psdan000

man that is sweet! i just got my second a couple weeks ago...probably have #3 by the time the election roles around. really like the setup you have there though!

Jermtheory

Magpul PMAG.

the window isnt very practical though,cant even see the rounds unless you have ....21(IIRC) loaded.

looks cool though:D,and i definately recommend the Magpul PMAGs in general(windowed or not)....pretty much all Magpul stuff ive handled is quality.

i might pick up one or two more with the window and then start buying them without.

Check out the mag grip pads from Rainier Arms, available directly or from Brownells:

While cool, I never had a problem with getting a good grip on my mags. However, given that the precut little rectangles are overly expensive ($19.95 for the little stickers to go on just one magazine), I guess it would help with the overly expensive gun desires. However, $20 will buy a lot of 3M skateboard tape at the local hardware store, enough to do your mags and that perfect spot on the side of your stock so you can get an uncompromising cheek weld! and still have enough for a couple of skateboards.

LouPran

Magpul PMAG.

the window isnt very practical though,cant even see the rounds unless you have ....21(IIRC) loaded.

looks cool though,and i definately recommend the Magpul PMAGs in general(windowed or not)....pretty much all Magpul stuff ive handled is quality.

i might pick up one or two more with the window and then start buying them without.

Thanks for the tip, those look like good quality mags. I'm going to have to look for some myself.

Jermtheory

"overpriced"...how much?

just whats shown(not including incidentals)...

i figure arround $2,500 give or take.

Check out the mag grip pads from Rainier Arms, available directly or from Brownells

yeah,i gotta agree with DNS.

i wouldnt mind having some,but a little pricey for what they do imo.

might pick up enough to do one or two mags...or try out the skateboard tape.

Thanks for the tip, those look like good quality mags. I'm going to have to look for some myself.

definately worth a look!

i'll still pick up some USGI mags here and there(add some Magpul followers and Ranger Plates),but the majority of my future mag purchases will be PMAGs.

btw-the Magpul Ranger Plates should be available in March.

Last edited:

azredhawk44

I'm not too impressed with the Magpul PMAGs. I've got a buddy with a new AR that has less than 500 rounds through it, and he's been using 3 magpul PMAGs exclusively. That's less than 10 loads through each magazine.

The feed lips are wearing and he's getting a lot of feed issues. Failure to feed. With factory Federal AmEagle 55gr FMJ stuff.

The PMAGs have plastic lips that get abraded by the case extraction grooves and by the bolt carrier.

I haven't finished my AR build, but I probably won't be going with the PMAGs for my build. I favor the 20rd USGI mags that allow the rifle to be fired nice and low and prone.

Jermtheory

I'm not too impressed with the Magpul PMAGs. I've got a buddy with a new AR that has less than 500 rounds through it, and he's been using 3 magpul PMAGs exclusively. That's less than 10 loads through each magazine.

The feed lips are wearing and he's getting a lot of feed issues. Failure to feed. With factory Federal AmEagle 55gr FMJ stuff.

The PMAGs have plastic lips that get abraded by the case extraction grooves and by the bolt carrier.

I haven't finished my AR build, but I probably won't be going with the PMAGs for my build. I favor the 20rd USGI mags that allow the rifle to be fired nice and low and prone.

mine's fairly new,but i havent had any feeding issue's at all in a couple hundred rounds(same mag).only used 75gr stuff in it so far though,i'll have to try some of my 55gr stuff next time out.

ive also practiced alot of reloads with it...

havent noticed any wearing yet at all.

they come with a cap to prevent feed lip expansion,but i know guys that claim to have had fully loaded mags sitting for months(closing on a year) with no creep yet.

Where's the garbage disposal? I can see the kitchen sink

come'on now...

ive seen alot worse.

all thats really on there is an optic,VFG,and light.

azredhawk44

doesnt having a scope and a flashlight on the same gun kinda defeat the purpose of each other?

Not when you are both spelunking AND hunting for troglodytes in large underground caverns... you've gotta have a light source then. :)