picked up the smith today

6onthehip

just got back from daytona and wanted to show and tell the S&W wheelie i picked up for 3 bills - i checked the bores,timing,trigger and hammer and it passed with flying colors so i brought her home - everybody say hi to my little friend Elizabeth:)

also picked this little jewel up to:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 119

Duke City Six

I don't think I've ever seen an example of that particular finish.

Looks very clean. Gotta love a pinned and tapered K-frame.

Edit: Oh, it's a REfinish. I missed that the first time.

savit260

Might that be some other kind of aftermarket refinish job?

Something similar to a Robar np3 or something possibly?

Glenn Dee

6 on the hip.

I always come back from daytona with new toy's too. great gun shops up there. Hot Shots, Bucks, Florida Gun Exchange, Glenn's, GI Jeff's, I cant remember the name of one on US1 in Ormond... Great gun shops run by some great people.

6onthehip

re

:D - the bersa duo-tone is just another one i picked up with the smith - i didn't mention it cause this is the wheel forum;) but it is mentioned over in the auto forum

not sure about the finish - it is a used weapon (barely) and i dont know the history but whoever did that finish they did a very good job because it is nearly flawless - has some tiny black dots around the hammer but thats all and i'm pretty sure i can get those off - i won't be able to fire it until saturday and i'll be at the range early:p

Glenn- yea i pretty much get all my stuff from daytona since i'm up there every couple of weeks - the prices are better than down here and your right about the guys in the shops - they are a bunch of nice guys and knowledgable also - G.I. Jeffs has some killer deals on accesories like mags,pouches,cleaning stuff,cases and the like- but bucks and the exchange i frequent the most

Elvishead

Duke City Six

Very nice!

Is that a model 64 with a bead blast finish?

You took the words right out of my fingers, except I was going to say sand blasted.

Scary! Very scary! I can just see the grit grinding away in the internal parts.:confused:

Elvishead

I just wonder if the person that bead blasted it, he took it apart, cleaned and lube it properly.

For $300? I doubt it.

You better clean the heck out of that gun Internally before even pulling the trigger once!

Elvishead

But wait, there's more

OP

February 7, 2010, 08:28 AM #1
6onthehip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just picked up a S/S 64 S&W and its in great condition but there are some tiny black dots around the hammer on the frame on both sides - flash marks??
will a lead away cloth remove this residue? i want to give it a good detailing before i take her out - the front of the cylinder is a little dark as well
also i've read the ejector rod should be checked for tightness and im not sure of the lube points on this weapon - any maintenance advise you shooters are willing to divulge would be much appreciated - thanks in advance

So, you have two model 64s now?:rolleyes:

aarondhgraham

So, where did ya get the Model 10?

I've seen a tom of Model 10's advertised as police trade-in's,,,
Is that one of them and where is it from if so?

Just curious,,,
I would like a Model 10.

Just to have a spare easy shooter for friends to use.

6onthehip

re

Elvis - yea i already had the 64 in s/s with the same tiny black marks on it
and the 10 has the same kind of dots - i cleaned the 64 with a lead away cloth and some flitz and it came off - i need to see if i can get them off the 10 but i dont want to use flitz and mess up the finish because i like the matte look

the weapon has been checked completly by myself and my smith and is in perfect firing conditon - believe me i am VERY carful about used weapons and have no hesitation to fire it if my smith gives the green light - i can't help it if i find a good deal now and then - thats why it pays to make friends and a good shop- i would'nt be stooopid enough to purchase a chewed up revolver without a good look at the guts:rolleyes:

Aarond- i dont' know the guns history only some guy came in the shop with several smith wheel guns and traded them in and they held this one for me because they knew i was looking for good used model 10.