Picked up my S&W 25-5 Today!

Nightcrawler

And hoo boy is is beautiful. Paid $299 for it. There's a minor amount of wear on the bluing on the barrel, hammer, trigger, and cylinder release button, but that's it. The action is tight, there's no play in the cylinder, and the trigger is excellent in both DA and SA modes.

.45 Colt cartrige, 6" barrel, N-frame, half underlug. It's a thing of beauty. Rare, too, I'm told. My dealer told me he hasn't seen another 25-5 in 20 years of gunselling....

uglygun

Get it out and shoot that sucker!

Just came back from shooting around 50 rounds through my 25-3 45LC today. It is quickly becoming my most favorite N-frame that I own and possibly becoming a contender for top spot as my most satisfying and most wise purchase to date.

Mine seems to REALLY like Nosler 185grn truncated cone HP bullets, as a handloader I was curious what they would do and they turned out to be the best performer I've tried yet.

JohnK

$299...that's just sick, they never go that low around here, more like $400+ for almost any N frame in good shape, much less a 25-5 which I've never seen in the shops here either.

Congrats on the new sixshooter though, can we look forward to some pictures soon?

Nightcrawler

Pictures? Sure, but you'll have to wait for 'em to get developed. I don't have a digital camera. Heh.

Shooting? Hmm, that's going to be a problem. My range is an outdoor range. It's closed for the season, I believe, since we got like three feet of snow in the last couple weeks. At the same time, all the good places to go shooting out in the sticks are inaccessable by Oldsmobile now too.

I'll see if I can't get it out, but in a worse case scenario it might have to wait until like March or April.

Hal

:)

Enjoy.

*sigh* too bad more young 'uns don't share your enthusiasum. I really get a kick outta your "kid loose in a candy store" approach to guns and shooting.

Merry Christmas young fella.

Jason Demond

I saw it first, so hand it over!!:D

Really though, you did great. I hope your new gun serves you well for many years to come!:cool:

7th Fleet

I have a nickle 25-5 in its wooden display box along with the book that came with it and the gun has never been shot and never will be since it's a S&W 125th anniversary Model.

7th

Mannlicher

Night crawler,

I have one like that. I had my gunsmith fit another cylinder to it for the .45ACP cartridge. It is very accurate with the auto cartridge. All it takes is to find a .45 Colt cylinder and shave the back. I use full moon clips, and the extractor works perfectly.