Picked up my new Model 60 today!

onlybrowning

Just got back from the shop where I picked up this Model 60. It is a .38 special with no lock as you can see. The gun locks up so tight it is scary. Trigger is very heavy, but is very smooth as well. I can't wait to shoot it.

model60001.jpg

That is a true beauty. I wish they still made the all stainless model 60 with the exposed extractor like that one. The airweights seem to have replaced that platform.

skeeter1

Fine revolver

I've had a Smith 60 in .38Spl (Chief's Special) since 1980, and it never ceases to amaze me how accurate such a little gun can be. Maybe because it's an older model, or because I've shot it so much, the trigger pull is just fine by me, and I've never felt the need for a trigger job. A K-38 Masterpiece it isn't, but it's not half bad. Happy shooting! :)

NCHornet

I have a early 80"s model 60 and it is my wife's purse gun and a excellent SD weapon. Do yourself a favor and toss thise grips and get some Hogue rubber grips for it you won't be sorry.

Hammer It

Just got back from the shop where I picked up this Model 60

Hello Only Browning
You may have to change your site name now. :p It must be Yesterday was a good day for Picking up older revolvers. I scored a nice model 25-5 in .45 Colt made in 1980 with Factory three T's myself. I saved it from the Great white North and now it will have a warmer life. I Plan on shooting it today as well this afternoon. Ever wonder how many Gun transfers go on Daily in the United States ? It is always a Pleasure and breath of fresh air to see Pre-Lock Vintage S&W revolver's changing hands and getting the Love they deserve. Enjoy yours as well. ;) Hammer It

DSCF0959.jpg

DSCF0965.jpg

onlybrowning

WOW that is a beauty there. Love the deep blue finish. Oh, by the way, ordered a set of Hogue Bantam grips last night for the Model 60. Can't wait til they get here.

Nice find browning...

...I still have my Model 60 that I brought with me to RVN in 1968...mucho thousands of rounds through her, and never a problem whatsoever.