Picked up another Shield

KyJim

I picked up another first generation SW Shield in 9mm today at Bud's Gunshop (local to me). The Shield is one of my regular carry pistols. It's relatively easy to conceal and I shoot it well. I normally don't buy two of the same handgun but couldn't pass it up for the price --- $219 after rebate plus tax.

I just didn't think the M2.0 was enough of an upgrade to pay the difference in price.

Spats McGee

Administrator
Sounds like a good score to me. I've considered buying two of the same pistol (especially of carry guns) in the past, and I'd happily buy another Shield 1.0.

KyJim

I have early models of the M&P pistols and tell a pretty good difference between them and my later-model Shield 1.0. The trigger on the Shield 2.0 seems only marginally better than the 10. The other differences in the two models didn't matter to me at all.

Spats McGee

Administrator
I got mine when prices dropped just before the 2.0 introduction, so I'm assuming it's a fairly late model. I haven't investigated all of the differences, but I haven't been able to imagine that they're enough to get me to trade mine in.

Hal

Lots and lots and lots of advantages to having two similar - if not the same - guns.

bedbugbilly

I have a 9mm Shield - 1st gen and I agree with you - I find it to be an excellent CCW - shoots well and never had any issues with it. I will admit that I picked up a
glock 26 and it is now my normal carry - prmarily because i wanted more capacity yet small. You got a good deal on your shield - I see used ones listed in my area for considerable more that what you paid for your new one. If I found one at that pricer, I'd snap it up just to have an extra one stashed in the house. Congrats and enjoy!

dontcatchmany

I have a Shield 40 (1.0) and put an Apex Duty Carry Trigger kit in it.....went from wanted to throw it in the trash to daily carry because of the trigger change. I have a 9mm barrel and magazines for it.

I also have two Shield 2.0 45s. One has the green laser and the other is a PC. They both shoot exceptionally well and in my hands were very accurate out of the box. They quickly became daily carry weapons and I have carried both at the same time. The hard part is deciding which one to carry.

Also have an M&P 45 full size that has been exceptional. Now that heavier clothing is needed for cooler temperatures I carry it quite often.

I am not much into carrying a 9mm but I keep looking at the 9mm compact Shield....... but the 40 with a 9mm barrel does just fine.

DMK

At the price the Shields have been going for, I've ended up with three of them. I actually had four and gave one to a relative who was getting their CCW.

You really can't beat the bang for the buck with these. They are great little pistols.

rodfac

Didn't think I'd like that ?hinged? trigger, but both my grown sons have the first iteration M&P Shield and after a cpl mag's, I found it entirely usable. They both bought them at a super discounted price just after the 2nd iteration came out. Less than $230 out the door. Nice piece and a good carry choice if you're looking for a single stack 9. Rod

glove

M&P pistol magazines

Does anyone know if any of the other 9mm M&P pistol magazines will fit and function in the 9mm Shield?
Thanks

claydoctor

Just bought a 45 cal PC 2.0 with the longer 4 in barrel. Can't figure out why they have eliminated the ports from the 45 and still have them on the 9 and 40 versions.:confused: