Picked up a Walther P88 Champion

Morgo

Quite the rarity, in fact its the only one I have ever seen for sale over here.

The Champion is based on the P88c and has possibly the best trigger I've come across on a factory gun, or even most customs.

This one has two top ends, with the shorter being a compensated version.

I came across this one for sale back home while I was overseas last year and I had to make a few international calls to secure it. I finally picked it up last week.

Upon inspection its done very little work, in fact I'd say it would be lucky to have shot a few hundred rounds and has spent most of its time sitting in a safe.

Jim Watson

Never seen the Champion in person, although I prefer the P88C with regular Walther slide safety as a service pistol. The ambidextrous dual function controls on the original version are technically Way Kewl, but make an excessively broad gun for my hand.

lifesizepotato

Fantastic pickup! I have both a Champion and a Competition and agree that their triggers are simply phenomenal. That slide with the compensator ports on top of the muzzle attachment should make it even nicer at the range. In my opinion they're the finest 9mm Walther ever made.

Morgo

I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet but I'm really keen to see how the two top ends compare, especially with one being compensated.