Picked up a SW99 yesterday

David the Gnome

I met up with a few friends to go shooting at Bud's the other day and I saw that they had SW99's in both 9mm and 40S&W for $325. These were show guns that had been used as display models at gun shows. They came "NIB" with a factory warranty and Trijicon night sights. I figured for $325 that was one hell of a deal so I traded one of my two Sig P6's for it. All I had to pay was the $20 transfer fee. I also picked up a 16 round high cap magazine for it from Bud's for $25; a heck of a deal compared to some of the places I've seen. I went ahead and shot it that day and it ran through 50 rounds with no hiccups. Recoil is a little snappier than expected but not bad overall. This model has the AS trigger system. The single action is pretty good with only a little sponginess; the double action is quite stiff but, as that's the only safety, I'm ok with that. All in all a great deal I think. :D

sw9901ah4.jpg

sw9902de6.jpg

sw9903vh0.jpg

sw9904kw8.jpg

AZGlock13

Congrats! That is a great deal and with night sights all ready on it to boot. I have the SW99 compact in 9mm and really like it (added Meps to mine later, since it didn't come with night sights). The Walther P99 ASs and the SW99s have some of the best (DA/SA) triggers out there (IMHO).

David the Gnome

tom234 said:
SW99s are great pieces but why did you get a 9MM when the .40 S&W was the same price ?
I just prefer the 9mm. It's easier for me to control and cheaper to shoot. My first handgun was a Springfield XD40 and I really didn't care for the 40S&W. As snappy as the recoil is with the 9mm I imagine the 40S&W would be much worse. I've got my 45ACP and 357Mag if I need more power. :)

127gr+p+

I definitely prefer the looks of the Walther P99 but for the price it's hard to argue

Wow, I just read what you paid. Thats awesome.

Ive got to drive down from Cleveland to buds one day.

Ive had my eye on a p6 as well.

daferg2

I had one just like the one pictured in the original post. I think I shot it better than any other gun before or after it. I wish I had never traded it:(

The finish seemed a little "cheaper" than the Walther P99 I have now, but I could never fault the way it worked. I think I'll keep my eye out for another:)

N.H. Yankee

what!!! I just paid $425.00 for one at the gun show here in N.H. USED! Geez I need to move closer to Bud's, I just keep reading about all the great deals there. Congrats on your purchase.

fastbolt

Congrats. Good pistol.

I own a standard size SW99 chambered in .40 S&W, similar to one I carried as an issued weapon for a few years, and a SW99 Compact chambered in 9mm.

Personally, I prefer the 99 series when it's chambered in 9mm.

My Compact 9mm model has become my favorite 9mm training & practice pistol, even when considered against my 3913, CS9 & G26. It's light, fast-handling, well-balanced, controllable and surprisingly accurate. Being a long-time user of traditional double action pistols for my work, I find the Walther version used in the 99 series to be very, very good.