Picked up a Springfield Professional...

bac1023

I got a nice deal on a used, but mint condition Springfield Pro. Its an older model still equipped with the Nowlin barrel.

The Springfield Professional is known by many as the FBI model. This was the 1911 that was adopted by the FBI after winning some very rigorous testing of accuracy and reliability back in the late 1990's. The criteria that was required was very stringent. The gun had to shoot multiple 10-shot groups at 25 yards from a ransom rest measuring no more than 1.5” with service grade ammo. It was required to feed all types of bullet shapes and weights with no problems. Any malfunction over a 2500 round test resulted in the pistol being disqualified. When the smoke cleared, the many high end 1911s were eliminated, only the Professional had met all the criteria. It was then adopted by the FBI and is used by the Hostage Rescue Team or HRT.

At any rate, I’m thrilled to finally pick up this model and fill that void in my 1911 collection. It was the last model I wanted and I think I’ve got enough 1911s to keep me satisfied the rest of my life.

Please enjoy the pics!

KyJim

Beautiful gun and nice acquisition! My prediction is that you'll see another 1911 you like somewhere along the way. :)

mes228

Pro

Those pictures are quite pretty, kudos to you. I had one and it was a fine pistol operationally. However, I disliked the finish quite a bit. Dull, non glossy, flat, just ugly (my opinion only). Not at all what your pictures show.

Perhaps the finish was different on mine?? I'm sure from a practical "use" perspective it was functional all the way. Mine had the finish created for Nuclear Submarines I believe (from memory and not too trust worthy). I should not have sold it off. It still is the only one I've seen for sale on the used Market.

UZO

bac... tell me you're kidding... unbelievable, beautiful collection!!!
Just curious, if at all possible which 2 or 3 are your favorites!

2ndsojourn

"...I think I’ve got enough 1911s to keep me satisfied the rest of my life."

Hmmm....really? Why stop now?
Awesome collection.

bac1023

Hmmm....really? Why stop now?
Awesome collection.

My main focus is rare and/or high end European handguns. I also like domestic pistols and classic revolvers as well. The 1911s are the smallest portion of my collection, quite honestly.

DaleA

I've provided links to your 1911 guide before but I've never had the chance to thank you for all the work that went into gathering all that info.

Thank you.

P.S. with all those guns to choose from by the time I picked out a couple to shoot my range would be closed.

SpareMag

If Bac ever stops collecting, he will throw the carpet industry into a major recession. I think he has to request bids for carpet based on acres, not square feet....