Picked up a new toy

Morgo

Finally had the chance to pick this up from my dealer, its a Browning Hi Power Competition model.

P1040109.jpg

P1040113.jpg

P1040117.jpg

Morgo

Thanx mate!

We still have them, here's a pic of a few I took out of one of the safes to clean today :)

P1040147.jpg

8shot357

Ha Ha, to bad you can't carry it around like us in the USA!:D

Cool gun, but...........I wish I had one to carry.

Now go put it back in your safe.:p

Amin Parker

What a Browning. Do you have any idea how much i hate you right now?

Congratulations on a fine pistol. Im from South Africa by the way.

Morgo

Went to the range today with a couple hundred rounds.

The BHP shot very well, no issues of any kind with either magazine. Trigger is very crisp though the reset is a little longer than I prefer.
Sights worked well and the pistol was shooting pretty well zeroed from the start.
The BHP sits very well in the hand and being that it's no light weight it handles very nicely during shooting with little muzzle rise.

I did most of the shooting from 20yards today, I normally shoot 25 but its overcast and dark here today under cover so I moved forward for better light.

The first shot fired from the BHP was absolutely dead centre.
IMG_1115.jpg

The rest of the groups were averaging around 2-3 inches at 20yards.
IMG_1116.jpg

The long trigger reset is possibly why I opened up a little as I'm more used to a very short reset on my 1911's where as the BHP was almost all the way out.

Overall I'm very happy with and its a good shooter that I'm sure will become a great shooter :)

Jim243

I would say your left handed and need to get use to the trigger. Congratulations on a great purchase and a great gun.

Jim

Morgo

Thanx mate :)

I'm right handed, though I usually put several hundred rounds down range each week they are usually through a tuned 1911 for comp use :)
No different from my HKs, berettas, glocks etc should only take a little while to adjust for the trigger reset.