Picked up a new AR

SEKLEM

http://www.rkguns.com/armalite-eagle-15-223-wylde-ar-15-rifle-15ea01.html

Seems like a nicely put together rifle, ready for optics or BUIS. This is the second AR I've had (the other was a Bushmaster which I didn't keep long, wasn't fond of it).

Rifle comes with 1 Magpul M2 30 round mag in a cardboard box. Nothing fancy.

Not really easy to find information about this rifle, but I believe it has a 1:8 twist 16" chromoly barrel. Pretty much as standard as standard gets. Feels light compared to the Bushmaster I had.

Opinions? Criticism is welcome.

SEKLEM

@rickyrick In mine or theirs?

I also found that Buds sells the same gun and claims it is a Wylde .223 barrel and goes on to say that the barrel is "ideal" for the pressures of 223 and 556. It's odd that Eagle Arms does not mention it on their website yet Buds has it in their description and the link to RKguns.com has it in the address to the page but not in their description.

rickyrick

Theirs,

But there's some answered questions about the barrel and receiver materials, does seem to be .223 Wylde chamber.

But that is information that most sellers include in the description of the product.

But seems to be a good rifle and a good price.

Quentin2

No criticism here. I think the main difference between corresponding models of Eagle Arms vs. ArmaLite is the ArmaLite comes with a chrome lined barrel while no Eagle AR comes with a chromed barrel. The ArmaLite DSR15F should be very similar to your Eagle. And lists for about $50 more.

Back in the 1990s, Eagle Arms bought the ArmaLite name and became the new ArmaLite however kept the Eagle name for a value line of products.

Last edited:

SEKLEM

@rickyrick

RK used to sell Core 15 ARs but it seems they've switched to Eagle (division of ArmaLite) in favor of Core 15. This rifle is very similar to the Core 15 M4 Scout and about $60 less. I like the feel and build quality of both rifles, but the extra savings pushed me over the edge to purchase this plinker.

@Quentin2

Yeah, I read that in a few places. There were some reports of rifles from the early 2000's that came with a 10rd mag and it was only guaranteed to work with that mag. Several users reported that mostly any 30rd magazine they tried would FTF on the last round or two.

Never the less it ships with a 30rd mag now, so I'd imagine that problem has long since been resolved.