Picked up two holsters today...

Phone pics.
sisdon1ct3.jpg

sisdon2tu1.jpg

g39don1qd2.jpg

g39don2oj4.jpg

g39don3rc1.jpg

Kreyzhorse

Don Hume makes pretty good holsters for the money. The 1911 holster could have used some leather higher up to shield the gun from your body though.

cnutco

The 1911 holster could have used some leather higher up to shield the gun from your body though.

Yep, I thought that too! It was a great price and I only use it when I am leaving the house and do not want to take the time to thread the belt though my other holster...

Kreyzhorse

It was a great price and I only use it when I am leaving the house and do not want to take the time to thread the belt though my other holster...

How does it work for you? The safety and hammer dig into you? I've looked at the those before but always balked because of it.

KyJim

The Don Hume holsters I have and have seen are good values for the money. I've been a bit leery about using a clipon IWB for a large frame auto like a 1911 because of concerns about excessive shifting. Let us know how it works.

cnutco

How does it work for you? The safety and hammer dig into you?

The Don Hume and the SIS ULTRA have only been out for one run. Carry at 4o'clock on strong side. Did not notice any digging. Will report back if any problems...

a bit leery about using a clipon IWB for a large frame auto like a 1911

A 3in 1911 is not that big... But I do prefer my OWB belt holster. The clip-on is just a quicky.

cnutco

Tried the Don Hume with the SIS ULRTA today for awhile. Even put it under the t-shirt. The hammer or safety did not bother me at all. Even with the fat hanging over and all.

donhumesisff4.jpg

ChicagoTex

I've heard good things about Don Humes and have frequently sought an excuse to acquire one, but they never seem to support the gun I want the holster for (when I want an OWB holster) and all their IWBs are straight-cant which makes drawing in the car go from difficult to nearly impossible - unacceptable.

Creature

I wouldnt use that for my 1911, i can just feel the safety diggin into my back

It is why I dont carry my Commander in the Don Hume holster I bought for it. I carried my Commander in that holster for about an hour and it was annoying after an hour...and it became downright painful after two. I had to take it off and havent worn it since. And I am not a fat guy. I am 6 foot and weigh 195.

It's a shame Don Hume doesnt cut the leather to provide a buffer between my side and the safety and hammer/grip safety..which would be very simple/easy fix.

cnutco

all their IWBs are straight-cant

This is odd. You would think that they would make some kind of cant for their holsters. I searched for almost an hour before the lady told me that they donot do that. I have an OWB for ultimate carry for my SIS, but colud not pass up the price for these.

dewidmt

Don Hume makes good stuff. I've got 3 of their "JIT" slides for 1911, SIG 220, and J-frame. Good quality stuff at an excellent price.

Topthis

I am thinking that they are out of business or perhaps they are doing such gangbuster business...because I have not been able to find any holsters for any of my guns when I do a search for them on their website. I have been going to the site for over a month now.

KyJim

I have not been able to find any holsters for any of my guns when I do a search for them on their website.
Either their website is broken or they have decided not to sell direct to the public. You can find their holsters at other sites on the web.

cnutco

I carried my G39 all weekend with the Done Hume. Felt great. It is a little sticky on the draw... any suggestions on what to put on the holster to create a better draw with a bit less friction...

img00420ug8.jpg

img00421an6.jpg