picked up a 1947 Marlin model 36 30-30

kcub

It's in very good condition for its age. I can't wait to shoot it. I saw it in the gun library at Cabela's in Thornton, had it shipped to the Buda location near me. I like that. You get the best of both worlds, online selection, brick-and-mortar ability to handle and view up close and personal before you commit to buy. I hope it doesn't go away when they merge with BassPro, do they have something similar to Cabela's Gun Library?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/marlin-model-36-30-30-winchester/2217392.uts?Ntk=GunLibrary&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D%26Ne%3D1178%26No%3D80%26Ntk%3DGunLibrary%26Ntt%3Dmarlin%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WTz_srn%3DBy%252BModel%26WTz_st%3D%26WTz_stype%3DSP%26form_state%3DsearchForm%26recordsPerPage%3D20%26search%3Dmarlin%26searchTypeByFilter%3DGunLibrary%26x%3D24%26y%3D15&Ntt=marlin

Guv

Sweet kcub,

I have a 1947 36 ADL rifle with the short magazine tube and 24" barrel. The square bolt guns are very nice looking, supposedly they were more expensive to produce though. Also, latter the round bolt added some more strength to the receiver. I have a Williams micrometer peep on mine, I really love this gun.
Congrates!

Last edited:
Have a 36 SC model. Don't look as nice as yours though. Mine its wood stain has darkened over the years and to its got some handling & woodys wear. But it still shoots darn good for a rifle like yours also made in the late 40s. I'd like to paper patch for mine but I haven't checked yet to see if these 36 rifles have a micro groove barrel or not. Eventually I'll get around to doing it. Congratulations you caught a good one in the Used Rack.