Picatinny pistol iron sights? (low profile?)

Venom1956

Hey guys I have unique pistol problem

I have a pistol with a 1913 Picatinny rail that runs the entire length of the barrel and action I am looking for some small Iron sights to attach to it so I can have that option if I would like to shoot it without optics.:confused:

AR irons are much to massive and tall, but I have found that XS makes some very short rear iron sights for some of their scope mounts.Their new XTI sights gave me hope but they told me they are only offered with the 45 degree cant.

Also Kel-Tecs PLR 'buckhorn' rear sight is very nice and compact.

Now the problem is I can't seem to find ANY front sights that attach to a Picatinny rail! :mad:

Ideally I would like a narrow front and an adjustable rear but given my lack of luck finding ANYTHING I'll settle for a set that just lines up correctly, I'll figure out how to zero them in after the fact. :eek:

Technosavant

There's always gangsta style.

:p

Seriously, though, I remember seeing a front/rear sight combo intended for backup use on a 3 gun type AR. They were made from the same piece of metal (unfortunately, not adjustable), but were intended to clamp on to angled rail pieces.

Unfortunately, I can't find the things, so they may have just been a product of my demented imagination.

Venom1956

I found it. or one like it. Promag made it. its plastic and really tall... unfortunately.

I wonder how hard it would to be to drill and thread a AR post into a rail and lock tite it there?