Pic of new Colt Commander

rblack

Just got this last week and thought I'd post a pic. A couple of mods so far and maybe more to come later.

Attachments

• colt commander resize.jpg
    colt commander resize.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 372

Blackhawk

Very nice, Rod!

TFL has some of the best photographers I've seen. Maybe love of the subject is an incentive.... :D

rblack

Thanks Blackhawk,

I'm getting better, but still have a long way to go to compete with some of the others on TFL.

Ledbetter

Sorry

Saw your photo and couldn't help attaching my own, older Commander.

Nice guns. Shoot safe.

Regards.

Attachments

• commander small.jpg
    commander small.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 194

rblack

You are more than welcome lendringser, glad I could help out.

Nice looking Colt Ledbetter, keep the pics coming.

Attachments

• colt commander 6.jpg
    colt commander 6.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 148

JIH

TFL has some of the best photographers I've seen
Which is sometimes irritating to those of us who don't have top-notch equipment. Sometimes folks will whine if the pictures aren't as clear as others.

RogerC

Which is sometimes irritating to those of us who don't have top-notch equipment. Sometimes folks will whine if the pictures aren't as clear as others.

Any gun pics are a welcome sight. It isn't a competition. Last I heard, this was a gun forum, not a photography school.

:rolleyes:

Ledbetter

The secret

is propping the gun up on something small, like a film canister. Then you're shooting something "three dimensional."

Also, photgraphy is painting with light. Use the light to make the photo more interesting, or highlight details. Look at my Commander photo and see how the light brings out the rollmarks.

The absolute best detail is brought out by filtered, reflected or other indirect SUN light.

What I use is a Canon digital Elph (S330) that now costs around $300. Any quality digital camera will do. 640x480 resoution is all you need.

Oh, the other secret is that with a digital camera, you can take 20 pictures and throw away all but two. At no additional cost.

We love gun pictures.

rblack

Nice looking Colt there rballi.

JIH, All my pics are taken with a Toshiba PDR-M25 digital camera which I picked up at Costco for $200. I did do a little research before I bought and this was suppose to be a good one. (It is)