Photos: National Firearms Museum

Micropterus

I took my son to the NRA's National Firearms Museum this summer. I got my photos uploaded. Thought some members who don't get east too much might like to see them.

Here's the complete album. 156 photos...
http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l590/RowlandParks/National Firearms Museum/?start=all

372.jpg

287.jpg

306.jpg

218.jpg

314.jpg

345.jpg

CWKahrFan

Nice... Thanks for posting... Jeepers Creepers!, that bottom photo of the 50's boys room with Davey Crockett hat, Roy Rogers lunchbox, etc. is uncanny in its resemblance to my actual room in those days... I even had a drum like that one.

The Savage 1911 Trial guns are fascinating to see... To think how the evolution of 1911's would have looked quite different had they won the competition instead of Colt... Interesting...

Last edited:

357 Python

I have been there twice and if you are in the area it is certainly worth the stop. If you are not in the area it is worth the trip. The best part, admission is free.

BlueTrain

While those aren't the things that impressed me the most about the National Firearms Museum, the boy's bedroom is easily the most charming. The National Air & Space Museum has a similiar room set-up for a boy interested in airplanes.

I thought the wheellock carbine found behind a wall in some old house in Massusetts was easily the most impressive, although it wasn't the thing I was most intested in seeing. That was Ed McGivern's revolvers.

InigoMontoya

@Micro

THANK YOU!

A coworker of mine often tells the story of finding a rather distinctive gun in a stream bed not far from here. He always wondered what it was but it was badly corroded and he couldn't find any markings on it. Blah blah blah. But he described it well. Looking at your pics one of the guns hit me as spot on for his description... A bit of research later I sent him a photograph....

Just got off the phone. He's pleased as punch. He knows what his gun is now. :)