Phoenix Arms

Don P

Does anyone have any info or experience with these little pistols? I have been offered the 22lr NIB for $140. Just looking for a small plinker for the range. Is it a waste of money,like buying a Jennings? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks:cool:

obxned

I hope some owners will post about this pistol - I've been thinking about getting one or more for the family members without .22 pistols to use when we all go to the range.

10 MickeyMouse

$140 is too high for new, let alone used. They retail new for about $120; I wouldn't go above $75 for a used piece.

I kinda like mine, but one has to remember what it is. I removed the mag safety and superglued the slide mounted safety in the "off" position (kept engaging during firing). I have the 5" barrel kit for mine, and hte little bugger is surprisingly accurate. Reliability has been as good as most other .22 auto's I own or have used.

One thing I have noticed is that the hammer beats up the underside of the slide pretty good. Hasn't become an issue yet, but I expect it will.

It's a shame these little critters aren't put together better. They have good ergonomics, and I like the exposed spur hammer. They also have a pretty darn good triggers. I would happily pay upwards of $300 for one with a little better fit and finish, made of 100% stainless steel.

Don P

Thanks for the input on this plinker. I thought the price was a little high from what I've seen and this will put me off of this offer. Thanks again to all who responded.:cool:

GATMOG

I haven't fired one, but before you buy--I suggest looking at both the long barreled and short barreled offerings! I like the long barreled one :D