Phoenix Arms HP-22?

Jericho9mm

I am looking for a cheap .22 to gett my wife to go to the range with me (she will shoot the 9mm but not for long) i want something that is decently priced that will function enough to at least shoot a few rounds at the range. the one pistol i have seen that best fits my needs looks like the Phoenix Arms HP-22, is this ieven worth considering? if not any other suggestions?

zippyfusenet

Cheap .22 Pistol

I'm not familiar with the Phoenix Arms pistol. But I know you can pick up a good used Ruger or Browning .22 target pistol for under $300, maybe as low as $200 if you shop hard. How cheap does this gun need to be? I expect your wife would get frustrated struggling with a cheap pistol that jams and doesn't shoot straight. I sure did. (It was an Intratec Tec-22. What a POJ.)

bakeryman

Used Buckmark

I bought a used Browning Buckmark for my wife to practice with as she had no experience shooting. After about a year she is quite comfortable and carries a Smith airweight 38 with +p ammo and shoots my 1911 and my buddies 44 mag easily, the 22 is a great training and plinking round, but practice is a whole lot nicer with a reliable, quality pistol.