Pheasant Loads - where to get deals on case lots?

Kernel

I'm interested in stocking up on 12 gauge 2-3/4" shells for pheasant hunting this Fall (you can tell I'm really looking forward to it). Give or take - my ideal load would be 1-3/8oz of #5 buffered and nickel plated on top of a max dram charge. These Iowa Ringnecks are growing big and flushing far.

Fiocchi "Golden Pheasant" looks promising and affordable for around $10 per box of 25. Estate Cartridges make some affordable loads but I don't know much about the company. Winchester / Remington / Federal are not out of the question if I could find a place to buy them right.

So far Cheaper Than Dirt seems to have the best selection and prices. Looking for 1 or 2 cases, any suggestions or recommendations? -- Kernel

[Edited by Kernel on 01-30-2001 at 04:26 PM]

Sling Shot

Keeseler or Kesslers police supply stocks the Fiocchi line of shot shells. I do not even know if I spelled their name right or not. Anyway, they advertise in Shotgun News magazine, but I do not have the last issue. They do have a web site, but I can not remember the url. They have a good reputation and good prices. You might save some money buying from them because Cheaperthandirt sticks you on shipping. Sling Shot

Bowser

I don't mean to try to teach anyone to suck eggs, but I got 8 of 9 pheasants with Fiocchi Number 6's. The cost of the ammo was $4 per box of 25 at Big 5 Sporting Goods.

Good hunting,

Bowser.