PGO Shotgun Question

stonewall50

I’ve seen these Tac 13-14s floating around recently. And YES...I know it is really just a toy or a breach gun with almost no use. But I also like to experiment. I’ve seen the silly chainsaw grip on the Mossie. But has anyone ever put the “side grip” like from a drill on one of these? It might actually make it a bit easier to bring up and fire with 2 hands. I’d like to experiment on one of these...but they are so expensive. And if you are curious what I’m talking about still:
592708d08fef317150dc08910576da9f.jpg

And yes...being realistic? The only effective thing I’ve seen on these is the “pistol brace” stock which to ME...makes it a legitimate close in choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DukeConnor

The PGO's fall into a strange classification.
With an AR Pistol configuration, adding a vertical foregrip makes it a SBR and requires a tax stamp.
I don't know if adding a vertical fore grip to the PGO would make it a SBS or not.

I wouldn't want to be the guy who tests the courts on this issue.

Screwball

With an AR Pistol configuration, adding a vertical foregrip makes it a SBR and requires a tax stamp.

Because it is a pistol (designed to be fired with “one hand”), and you are putting a device that makes your second hand come into play...

Anything pistol related, no vertical grips. You convert to SBR, then you can.

Shotgun, rifle, and even the current firearms (TAC-14, Shockwave)... none are pistols. Black Aces even puts vertical grips on most of their firearms, so no issue unless it is considered a pistol.

Bill DeShivs

Without an awful lot of training, PGO shotguns are more useless than useful.
Yes, I own a Mossberg "Cruiser" and I actually used a PGO Stevens 20 ga. as a "car gun" for many years.
I also have a "real" pistol grip shotgun.

Attachments

• IMG_4301.JPG
    IMG_4301.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

JP_Quixote

I’ve seen these Tac 13-14s floating around recently. And YES...I know it is really just a toy or a breach gun with almost no use. But I also like to experiment. I’ve seen the silly chainsaw grip on the Mossie. But has anyone ever put the “side grip” like from a drill on one of these? It might actually make it a bit easier to bring up and fire with 2 hands. I’d like to experiment on one of these...but they are so expensive. And if you are curious what I’m talking about still:
592708d08fef317150dc08910576da9f.jpg

And yes...being realistic? The only effective thing I’ve seen on these is the “pistol brace” stock which to ME...makes it a legitimate close in choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually with a pistol brace and low recoil shells, these guns are very handy. Think SBS without the NFA drama.

Suarez even makes a folding brace for the TAC 14 and TAC 13. I've got a TAC 14 set up that way, with Suarez' folding brace and a Holosun red dot, and it's a hoot!