PF9 slowly becoming a fan

tynimiller

So I entered the realm of small CCW a couple months ago with the purchase of my PF9 from my lgs. First thing I did was put the hogue jr slip on it as well as get a pinky extension on the magazine. Quickly put a box of 50 rounds through it with if I remember right one feed problem but otherwise 49 flawless rounds. Since then I've slowly put around 500 rounds on it and haven't even had so much of a hiccup out of it since that one time in the very first magazine. Ammo used was a little bit of everything from reloads to Russian surplus stuff (also one box WWB). It is now securely by my side every day and night.

Few things this 9mm will not do though:

-It will never be a "joy" to shoot in the sense it won't take a toll on your hand. It is pushing every limit as far as size of a 9mm so of course you're going to feel it. However, just because it kicks like a mule doesn't mean it isn't fun to shoot, I actually enjoy shooting it....but I will never again try shooting a magazine without pinky extension or the hogue slip; they make a huge difference!

-It will never provide supreme accuracy. The short barrel length mixed with the tiny size of it just naturally works against pinpoint accuracy. That said it will put 100% of it's shots in a pie pan from 7 yards away with practice and inside a full sillouhette at 12 yards if you do your part.

Otherwise this little 9mm is in my opinion just as good as any other in it's category, and yes I've shot Kahrs, LC9's, Taurus slim, and many others. When it came down to the price difference with say the Kahr just wasn't worth it by any stretch of the imagination (IMO). I will admit though the CW9 from kahr is a great buy for Kahr quality at a good price.

If in the market for a tiny 9mm, be sure to throw PF9 into your list to look for and I bet you'll be surprised by the little thing!

CDW4ME

I got a PF9 recently too.
I agree, the recoil is noticeable; but, that is expected in a 12 oz 9mm.
Standard pressure ammo for mine:
Silvertip 115 gr. @ 1,051 fps
Hydra-Shok 124 gr. @ 1,013 fps
PF9 fits the same pocket holster as I used for Kahr PM9

tynimiller

Good to know on the holster as I still haven't found one I really like with it. Silvertip carry rounds were a consideration of mine and I still have some but I found mine shot great with Hornady JHP/XTP 115gr or the Corbon 115gr JHP. I haven't tried Hydra-shok yet which surprises me; and now I probably will this weekend :)