Peterson Cartridge releases 4 new cases.

std7mag

Just a heads up.
Peterson Cartridge has released 4 new cases.
30-06
270 Win
280 Rem
280AI.

Those looking for high quality brass should check them out!

reinert

Thanks s7m, I see the new offerings aren't on their site yet (at least I didn't see them). Gonna ask the site about the '06 stuff. Thanks again for the head's up!

std7mag

Top teir stuff!
Company is on the North side of Pittsburgh.

EuroOptics is showing them on their site already, but are backorder.
According to Tim from Peterson, they should be available from Grafs in a couple of weeks.
Guessing EuroOptics about same time.

std7mag

I'll add that to the list of requested cartridge families to them.

With our moderators approval, i may invite them to the forum.
Gains hopefully good response both to and from them.

sako2

The adg brass looks like good stuff. Just got it yesterday. Comes shipped in ammo boxes with foam in it to hold it in place and is annealed. Don't have the gun yet.

std7mag

Untill they started posting, i never thought there was such a high demand for 300WSM!

Of course somewhat higher than the 218 Bee that someone asked about. :rolleyes:

sako2

Loaded up some test loads for the 6.5 prc with adg brass and rl23 today. Very consistent in length at .009 under max case length. Used my first set of hornady dies really like the seating die.

reinert

Peterson '06 brass

FYI, TFL folks,

The new offerings from the OP are now available. I just ordered a box of 50 Peterson 30-06 unprimed cases from Graf and Sons. They're pretty much on par price-wise as Lapua '06, at least as from the last time I bought some.

www.petersoncartridge.com

I've got ADG in .308. It is intentionally made with heavier brass and slightly lower powder capacity than average, that being a tradeoff made to get longer reloading life. For that reason, it will be a little less suitable for 1000 yards with 155-grain Palma bullets than higher case capacities will. The case weights vary just a little, but the internal volume seems to be super consistent. The heads are double-struck to be very hard like LC brass, so these would be a very good choice for the M1A for anyone still using one in service rifle matches.

Made in Kentucky.

Now I just need to acquire some Peterson to do a side-by-side.

sako2

I'm on the 5th time loading the adg brass. Pretty happt with it. No split necks or loose primer pockets.

kilotanker22

I have been using Peterson brass for the last few hundred rounds in my Creedmoor. So far quality is excellent!

And made in PA. Lapua Quality at Hornady prices.

I will use Peterson from now on.

kilotanker22

I have not used ADG yet.

I got the Standard grade small primer stuff. All were nicely annealed. All case mouths were nice and round. None were chamfered. Case length extreme spread was only .004" and the weight variation was less than 2 grains across all 50 sample pieces I weighed.

I have noticed in the past new cases tend to give me a wider extreme spread in velocity vs the same cases after being fire formed. This has not been the case with these Peterson cases.

Also worth noting is that I had less than .001" cartridge base to shoulder Datum variation across those 50 sample pieces. I will say that the case heads seem to be a little soft. Almost every piece fired has a slight ejector mark, even for pretty light loads. No flattening of primers. Although, the primer pockets are holding up nicely. I have 30 pieces that have 5 firings on them and the primer pockets seem to be fine. A wee bit loose now, but two of those firings were with really hot loads.

I also noticed not one burred flash hole out of all 250 pieces I bought