Personal Defence Weapon PDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

don vito

what do u guys think of the whole idea of PDW for the NATO trops, i think the FN p90 and Five seveN are in the lead whith their 5.7x28mm litlle kevlar riper compared to HK 4.6x30mm pdw, or the Swedish saab bofors CBJ-MS 6.5x25mm/9mm luger,
and what about the whole idea of arming trops with a diferent cartridge, magazine and a whole new weapon although the FNs perfomanse agasinst soft body armor dictates that such weapon should be deployed in a small package but not in a large quantaty

NicMk5

The concept is pretty good but the FN and HK rounds are a little on the wimpy side. The FN round(5.7x28) is something like a 30 grain .22 bullet at 2200 feet per second, the 4.6mm HK bullet is smaller and lighter. After the bullet penetrates the kevlar will it have any energy left? I think what it will do is make a very narrow wound channel about like a 22lr.
BTW I do like the layout of the HK, it looks like it would be about as big as a Walker Colt to carry but extend the stock and pistol grip and it could be a 150 or 200 meter weapon.

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
Moving to Full Auto.
The FN P90 is differnent - but is 2nd place to the HK PDW.
The HK is also smaller and better carried by the intended people. Namely Clerks and Cooks. The P90 is too bulky to be reasonably carried.

Status
Not open for further replies.