percussion derringers who's got one?

shoebox1.1

i was looking at dixiegunworks.com and saw the lil derringer pistols.. man the pedersoli is nice!! i like the abliene too. anyone have a percussion derringer? i wouldnt mind having one in my bedroom nightstand.

pohill

I have one, an original, and here it is - a dug-up American Standard Tool Co. HERO that I bought at an antique shop for $30.
Someday I'll get a shootable one...
S4020046.jpg

mec

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The Liege is delicate but pretty neat. we had to open the front of the hammer cup so that it would hit the caps squarely. There may be a problem now as the hammer spring is not very strong and remington caps are no longer made. CCIs are harder to set off.

It is probably best to avoid the abilene as it is made by Palmetto. The Lincoln Derringer is also made by Palmetto and is of very poor quality.

Last edited:

pohill

The Liege...nice little weapon there. Seems to have some punch...
This is what a HERO should look like if complete. A.S.T.C. became Manhattan Firearms at some point.

wb8hef.jpg

shoebox1.1

so if i go the dixie route i should get the pedersoli which i was looking at anyway... thats cool i like that pic mec and that punch!

mec

I wondered if that low velocity would be lethal until I found out it would go through the 3/4" pine. The thing is definately point and click. There is no sight and if there was one the hammer would hide it. You can make center hits on a silhouette to about 20 feet.