Peep sight on the SKS

homefires

Has anyone tried this? I think my eyes would like it. But to hold them tight on the rear end?

Good for low light! Good for target acquiring! Less time finding site picture. More distance between front and rear sites would mean better accuracy. I think I will buy a new cover just to try it! If I didn't live in a two horse town , I could find a Machinist to cut some dove tails for me! HA!

homefires

SkS peep site

Mister Dinky:

That is exactly what I was looking for . The mounting problems seem to have been cleared.

Thank you Sir.

Mods: Thank you for cleaning up my mess.

Jim

Tom2

I've wondered how much benefit you get from a peep on an SKS versus just going ahead and hanging some glass on it. Some of the import SKS scope setups seem fairly cheap, especially compared to the more expensive add on sights. And one peep is made to go on the original sight base. Fine idea except I would think the aperture would be too far from your eye. Then again the peep on a Japanese rifle seems to work for me OK.

homefires

I like peep sites! You drop them and they are still there! You take a mud bath and they are still there! you drop your rifle and no tubes bent, glass broke, cross hairs broken, there still there!

Good for sun up to sun down and then some!!!!!!!!

Less light? Open the aperture!

My father tought me to shoot groups with one. First came the open sites, Then came the Peep, Then came the Scope! I still find the peep most practical!!!!!

chris in va

I had the williams sights on my SKS. They worked alright, front sight worked like a red dot. IMO the rear peep was too far away for my liking however and I think the Tech sights would work better in that regard.

homefires

I think I will give the Tech Sight a go! I have a parts count issue on the model D before I can bed it with a T-6 stock. My water well just took a crap yesterday. Repairs required " $800.00 "

MADE MONEY DEPLETED! Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!