Peep sight for Winchester 9422?

Bosshoff

I want to replace the lame v-blade rear sight on a Winchester 9422 with a peep sight. Does anyone have a recomendation? I want something that is not very bulky, and also I want to be able to return the rifle back to the original stock configuration. Thanks.

PetahW

IIRC, Williams makes two peep sights that clip into the scope mount grooves, and New England Custom Gun makes one.
All other will require the receiver be D/T'd for the sight, and ALL peep sights will require a higher front sight blade be installed, due to the higher-than-issue line of sight.

Here's what a Williams WGRS looks like:

WGRS-H001T.jpg

Here's what the NECG peep looks like:

DSCN0490.jpg

Last edited:

LHB1

Quote: "All other will require the receiver be D/T'd for the sight, and ALL peep sights will require a higher front sight blade be installed, due to the higher-than-issue line of sight."

Some lever guns, like my Marlins, were/are already drilled and tapped for receiver sights. My Win 9422 is not DAT but check yours to see if it has been. With the FP receiver sight, I did NOT have to change front sights on Marlin guns. With high mounted receiver sights, like those that clip into the grooves on top of receiver (as shown in previous post), you may have to replace front sight.