Peep Sight for Winchester 94 with Tang Safety

44caliberkid

I have a Winchester Model 94 Trails End in 38-55, one of the last produced at New Haven, CT. The rear sight dovetail was machined crooked, so to center the rear notch, the point at the front of the sight needs to be almost to the left edge of the barrel flat. It also has to be at the top notch of elevation just to be dead on at 100 yards. It has a tang mounted safety. I would like to go with a peep. I see Marbles has a peep sight for a Winchester Legacy with tang sight. Would that fit this rifle? Also thought about the Skinner ladder sight and their front sight.
So far I’ve only shot factory jacketed rounds through this and am quite disappointed in the performance. It is a pretty rifle, but mechanically pretty clunky.

44caliberkid

Thank you. I have a Williams on my 30-30, with the screws in the side of the receiver. I wasn’t seeing the model for the screws in the top, but I like the way they work.

ligonierbill

I have a Skinner receiver sight on my 25-35. Generally happy with it, but I had to put a substantially higher front sight on it to get it on target.

roscoe

I have an XS ghost ring with the threaded ring for the Brownell's peep. It works well. You can put in the peep for accuracy, or take it out and use the ghost ring for faster visual pick-up.

Road_Clam

Another plug for Skinner . I have them on my Henry Brass 30-30. The nice bonus with the Skinner is the aperatuer post is threaded 1/4-28 and you have the ability to dial up or down about 3 turns for elevation changes. I can dope my Henry from 50 meters out to 200 meters.