PDA-LDA 1911 Grip Safety

Gbro

While working out single hand and weak hand operation of my Para LDA I was surprised to find the slide is locked also by the grip safety.
I carry without a round in the chamber and I am not interested in discussing the pro's and cons of that issue but have been practicing chambering a round without having another hand to draw the slide back.
I am using the Fobus paddle holster, and catch the rear sight on the holster, and or have (WITH DUMMY ROUNDS ONLY) racked the slide between my knee's. That is a difficult maneuver while gripping the pistol grip.
However one of my training associates and I have the Ruger LCP's and I also carry that one with an empty chamber and in working with it have accomplished loading it with one hand by gripping the slide and then drawing the slide back using the front of the knee.
I decided to try that with my Para LDA and found that the grip safety also releases the slide to be drawn back. This is startling! my othe 1911's and other autos do not function this way.
Can anyone help me understand why a feature like that be designed in a pistol that is labeled as a, (PDA) Personal Defensive Assistant?
And has anyone else worked with an LCP like this?