PC9 Carbine mod: Added tac rail.

rantingredneck

I've wanted a rail on my PC9 for a bit to be able to mount a light or laser. I've played around with various ideas for this, but finally found the perfect solution. I had one of these tactical tri-rail pieces of crap lying around. Bought it off ebay and had to heavily modify it to fit any of my weapons. Finally just gave up on it and tossed it in the junk parts box in the closet. But then I had an idea. I removed the two side rails from it, drilled two holes in the bottom of my PC9 stock and mounted them there.

Finished product shown here:

DSC00073.JPG

and with a surefire G2 mounted

DSC00074.JPG

Worked like a charm.
I decided to move my sling swivel rearward of the rail so that a sling won't interfere with flashlight or laser use.

rugmar

No problem on the carpet stains. I have a couple of cats so I have to photo edit all pics taken with a carpet in the background.:D

Legionnaire

Nice idea. Did you have any trouble with slide clearance? Doesn't the slide pretty much fill the channel in the stock?

Last edited:

rantingredneck

I'm assuming you mean me so I'll answer. :)

No, there's no problem with slide clearance. The PC9 stock has a series of horizontal ridges with "windows" in between. The slide rides across those ridges so as long as you stay within the "windows" with any bolts or screws you're good. The tac rail screws are machine screws that I threaded directly into the stock. They fit flush on the inside and dont even protrude into those windows. Now that I know I like it I'll probably pull them out and coat them with epoxy to reinsert them permantently. Gonna shoot it like this first though just to be sure. ;)

Legionnaire

Sorry; got the names mixed up. Thanks for the comeback. Looks like a good plan. I'll have to consider adding a rail to my PC4. Thanks!