PC: Buckmark 5.5" Target?

VictorLouis

Uh, that's PC, as in price check.:) How's $299 sound? I'm just not familiar with this version of the Buckmark series, and I liked it in all respects.

The only thing I find particlarly unsusual is the front sight post. It's not blade, but an actual round post. If any of you own one, is there a way to replace it with a blade? The Field version appears to have the same top-rail set-up for optics, but it appears to have a blade front sight, instead.

Hal

They sell new around NE Ohio for $400 or so.
For $299 a lot would depend on the condition. This is used isn't it? If not, stop reading this right away and get down and buy it before they figure out they have the wrong price on it!!

My friend Jim picked one up a couple of years ago and enjoys it a lot. Great accuracy with the open sights, and even better once he mounted a red dot on it.

HarryB

Run! Buy!

I had been looking for one but no one has them. I saw one at a show for $309 that had scratches on the grip and barrel, as well as thin spots on the finish. He wouldn't budge on the price...

Had to "settle" for a Ruger SS slabside :D

Don't read this! Go buy!

cobb

I have 2, and I think they are great. Just a word of warning about the Browning/Weaver style of rail for mounting optics. I don't know if it has changed, but mine was narrower than a standard Weaver brand of rail, and Bushnell comfirmed this with me. The reason Bushnell was involved was because I broke the mounting on my Holo sight when I was trying to get it tight on the mount. I later got a PDP4 to mount on the Buckmark, and it too was loose with the screw as tight as possible. The fix was to go to a local hobby shop and get some very light and small brass angle strips in the model airplane dept., cut and trim to size, and use it as a shim between the mount and rail. Now this was a couple of years ago, and the width may have now change to be the same as Weaver production. I am not unique, like I said, Bushnell was well aware of the problem and their Holo sight. Don't let my little note rain on your parade, I would buy them all over again because they are damn good shooters and the controls have the same placement as my 1911's.