Pawn Shop 226?

Tatsumi67

I checked into the pawn shop near my university just to kill some time after class, and I was suprised to see the variety there at the prices.

A few Dan Wesson Revolvers [large, .357 and .44] but what caught my eye was a Sig Sauer P226 in .357SIG. It had clearly seen some hard use but not to the point I would say it was "beaten" for $500. A used P226 in a caliber I don't immediately intend to shoot at that price? Yay or Nay?

The sights looked to be a bit worn [pushed and the white dots smudged] and I would guess the round count to be high but it was not in bad condition at all

But seeing as I want to shoot .40 or 9mm that would be a $200 barrel I'd need to get. [Not that I dont like .357 SIG]

Hitthespot

It's possible it was a department issue piece. They are becoming more prevalent with law inforcement around here. They can have upwards of 10,000 rounds or more through them. I have a 229 in 357sig and it has very quickly become my caliber of choice.

Bill

kymasabe

$500 for beat to death is too much. I paid $600 for my Sig P226 CPO certified pre-owned, came in the Sig case, two mags, factory had been thru and replaced anything worn and the finish was flawless, looked brand new.

ET.

kymasabe said:
$500 for beat to death is too much. I paid $600 for my Sig P226 CPO certified pre-owned, came in the Sig case, two mags, factory had been thru and replaced anything worn and the finish was flawless, looked brand new.

Sounds like it is over priced, but I sure love that caliber. I convert my G27 to 357sig and carry it that way with JHPs a lot of the time. Most people who shoot the 357sig fall in love with it. It is a really strong defensive round. OP, you might not want to purchase this particular gun, but don't forget about 357sig as a viable caliber when you do buy.

BigJimP

No ....beat to death ....is never worth buying ...at any price.

.357 Sig ...is an expensive caliber to shoot unless you reload...

Not a good choice at $ 500 ...( or even $ 200, in my opinion ) ...

Lashlarue

Academy had the new Sig 2022 in 9mm on sale two weeks ago for 399.99, now they are priced at 499.99, but you can still pickup a Sigma for 299.99. A pawn shop I frequent has Kimbers (used)for 450.00, older model, not the SIS.