Patriot Ordinance Factory, 308

Skan21

Does anyone know anything about the P-308 from POF? I think that's what it's called. The .308 AR. Any problems, any reccomendations for a .308 rifle of that variety? I heard the SOCOM 16 has been having some issues with the short barrel. I've been saving for over a year for this bad boy, and I have almost $2000. Almost there. Gotta start figuring out what I want.

globalsmack

I have one and love it. They are on a 6 - 12 month back order hence the huge prices on gunbroker for them. By the time you are ready to buy they should come with the new roller pin standard.

The Socom is a sweet weapon as well. I don't think you will go wrong with either.

Skan21

Hmm, now I'm stuck. I don't know anyone that has a SOCOM 16. I've shot an M1A. Do they handle similarly?

Skan21

Sturdier? I shot a wood stocked M1A, and that was pretty sturdy. Do you mean the action? I heard the M1A action wasn't meant for short barrels, and the reliability decreased, but muzzle blast and noise increased quite a bit.

lmccrock

Any problems, any reccomendations for a .308 rifle of that variety?
Exactly what variety? There are plenty of 308 AR's. The POF is a piston design, not direct impingement, and it costs more than DPMS and Armalite and Fulton, etc. Is it worth 1.5-2x of the others? Your money, your choice. Be sure to save money for ammo. Cheap 308 is about $0.70 and good is a whole lot more.

Anything in particular you want it for? "Because its cool" is an acceptable answer. ;)

Lee

Skan21

I just want it for S&G's, maybe suppress it. Maybe do some long range plinking. Everyone should have a .308, I just like mine with lots of bullets!