Patience is rewarded.....

Eghad

I have a .270 Parker Hale I bought in 1978 redone including parkerizing and glass bedding. I put the old scope I had on it on another rifle.

After listening to WA's sermon on Leupolds. I decided he had a point. I decided I would save up my pennies and put a Leupold Rifleman on it. After much smearing of several stores glass counter tops over the weeks Academy had a 2x7 Rifleman for $164.88 :eek: I immediately shoulder blocked all holiday shopping persons standing at the counter and made it to the holiday zombie clerk who I grabbed by the shirt and pointed at the scope and said, "I want it...now" :D just kidding except for that one lady who tried to body check me..she got the hockey stick I had picked up for just such an emergency in the other department and the crowd appluded.

Now it awaits mounting on my rifle. :D

Sgt.Fathead

Into the Boards

Glad to know I'm not the only holiday shopper who does this sort of thing, ie; body checking other persons. Congrats on your purchase and pics, pics, pics, indeed!

The Master would be my grandfather, though. He always carried a nice new ax handle at the mall, Sears receipt conspicuously stapled around the haft, feigning a purchase/return situation. Believed strongly in 'Big Stick Diplomacy' and would have it even in malls with no Sears stores and until the receipt yellowed with age. Ah, you're missed, Old Man....