Passengers rifle fires while being checked

G35MN

If this idiot didn't take the time to check the chamber I doubt he would check the chamber indicator.

Pure lazyness and stupidty

I agree with G3. I also have a simple solution to this....mandatory $10,000 fine for not declaring or not unloading. We can't guarantee safety by others, but we sure can make 'em think twice.
Rich

TearsOfRage

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
...the U.S. attorney, who will decide whether to bring criminal charges. The federal law that forbids checking a loaded firearm as baggage carries a maximum penalty of a $250,000 fine and 10 years in prison. The FAA will have to make a similar decision on whether to bring civil charges, Peters said.
[/quote]

What's to decide? So much for "enforcing existing laws".

TOR

BadMedicine

I knew somebody would post this as soon as I saw it on the news. I figured it would be kieth though, usually he does the new stories :)

I don't think this guy should be given a prison term for being a dumb a$$. But we should be enforcing current rules. Give the guy a hefty fine (not a quarter million hefty though) $10 or 15K will be fine, and maybe some community service. This guy did break the law, probably on accident, but I wouldn't call him a criminal.

The Plainsman

I think it's interesting the way airline folks pick and choose what to look at. I recently made an airline trip. Since I was going to bring back a rifle, I took along a lockable hard gun case. It was all locked up and weighed enough that most folks couldn't have detected the presence or absence of a gun inside. Outbound, nobody even questioned it. They just put the destination sticker on it and put it on the conveyer - no questions asked. On the return trip, they wanted me to open the case, show them that the gun wasn't loaded, and also that there was no ammo in the same case with the gun. Nobody seemed too concerned about it, but they just wanted to look. :rolleyes: Who knows??

------------------
If "the people" in the 1st, 4th, 9th & 10th amendments, means "the people", why do some folks think "the people" in the 2nd amendment means "the state"?