Parts for ruger pistols/

b.thomas

does anyone know of a parts source for p95 ruger other then going back to ruger? I know, ruger will give the part to you free if you just call them.
But I'm tired of waiting 2-3 weeks for the parts and I need them now not next month.
so far I've had to replace a mag catch spring and now the extractor need replacement. I have a gun class I want to take and need my own gun to take it. Already lost money because of the catch spring and now got to wait on the damn extractor.

Any other sources??? Already tried midway, Brownell's and gun parts corp (sp).

9x19

I don't know of another source...

Since you said (at the Ruger Forum) the tension is good, how is the hook depth and contour? It may be the extractor is not getting good purchase on the rim. Perhaps you could deepen/square-up the hook recess just a bit with a jewelrs file.

b.thomas

Had a gunsmith friend look at it he said replace the extractor as did the parts guy(gunsmith) at Ruger.
Now I need a parts source soon as possible to get the gun up and running, if not I'll dump the gun as soon as I can and get a decent one, either way no more rugers!

9x19

I was just trying to get it running while you were waiting on the new part... I guess if your gunsmith friend couldn't repair it, it must be bad... good luck.

BTW, can't your gunsmith friend call and get one sent over-night from Ruger?

wjkuleck

I've gotten all the Ruger parts I need from Brownells.

Unfortunately, the P95 extractor seems to be something you do have to get directly from Ruger.

Regards,

Walt

b.thomas

Called ruger today and they said an extractor was mailed out last month on the 25th...........never showed up; thank you U.S. postal service!
Should have a new one by next Wednesday or so according to ruger?
:(Just hope it solves the problems Because other then that its a nice gun.:)

9x19

When you do get the new one, you should lay them side by side and see what was wrong with the "bad" one... then let us know in case others are having similar issues.

b.thomas

9x19,
Both extractors look the same but it required a bit more work to get in the new one in. The side pressure needed to force the extractor back and in was greater, so I'm thinking the old extractor was just a bit on the weak side.:confused:

Going give it a run in the next couple days to see how it works.:cool: