Part2:Ruger American Ranch Rifle 300Blkout Mod&Review

Mr.RevolverGuy

Part1:
http://www.dayattherange.com/?p=4781

Part2:
http://www.dayattherange.com/?p=4815

Trigger Mod --Reduced from 4.5 to 2 pounds -Walk through included.
Added a Tactical Bolt Knob -- Walk through included.
Added a Simple Threaded Muzzle Device

DSC014591.jpg

9x19

Not a fan of 3-on-the-tree shift knobs, but I've been very happy with my linear comps from STD.

Ruger Ranch 5.56
jufl87.jpg

Ruger Ranch .300
2j2t9g0.jpg

jmr40

I bought one of the 1st runs of 223's (Compact) and they had some magazine issues. The last round would not feed. All other rounds would feed just fine. Ruger replaced mine promptly with one that worked.

Some guys figured out they just needed a bit of filing to open up the feed lips. After the word got out on the net folks stopped returning them and just fixed theirs. I ordered 2 spare mags, both of them worked just fine.

My 308 feeds and functions perfectly

jmr40

So maybe there is a different version of magazine.

By chance do you have pictures of the before and after versions?

No photo of the old magazine, I returned it to Ruger days after purchasing the rifle, but I could take one of the new version. Don't think it would help though. There is no visual difference, but apparently they tweaked the design just enough to open the feed lips a hair on 223 magazines to prevent feeding issues on the last round.

I had read online of magazine issues with the 1st run of 223's before purchasing mine so I expected problems. It was only after returning mine that I read that guys were simply hitting the feed lips with a file for a few strokes and fixing the problem without returning theirs or I'd have done the same.

Mr.RevolverGuy

Apologies, life got a little hectic since I last posted. Floods, Long work days etc.

I have some great targets and chrono data to share but with intended rain all this week I am going to have to play it by ear.