Parker Hale rifle

gmarr

I've liked these rifles for quite some time and have a chance of getting one in .243 Win. It's the model 1000 Standard and has a 22" barrel. Anyone have experience with this rifle?

taylorce1

Solid rifles and they usually shoot pretty good, nothing fancy though. I've got two a .243 and .270 both shoot sub 1" if I do my part. I did replace the trigger in the .243 to get it to shoot better.

WIN71

I have a friend

That I went to college with in the 60's. He transferred away to another school and he was aware that I was loading for a .243. Actually it was a Remington Model 600.

He ended up buying a Parker Hale in .243 and asked me to load some hunting rounds for him. You should consider that these were college days in the 60's and we didn't have much money. I did load up some near maximum 100gr. loads and his correspondence was very favorable towards the rifle and the hand loads. He had bought his rifle used so I have no idea when it was built.

What I do know is he still has the rifle, he's now a retired Colonel from the US Army and he is still hunting with the rifle. He has not used my hand loads for at least 45 years.
This seems to me to be a favorable comment for Parker Hale.

PetahW

I have an older (ca. 1960) Europe-only model Parker-Hale Safari in .30-06, that's based on a modified Mauser 98 with integral receiver scope mount dovetails (ala: Sako & Ruger)

(top rifle, below - with a sporterized Winchester Model 52 )
Boltguns-1-1.jpg

I obtained it in the late 60's from the person who brought it back from England in a suitcase & never used it.

It's been very accurate & reliable, as I'd expect a Mauser should be.

Aussie clive

They are a good solid gun that wont let you down.I had one in 243 also and it was just a great rifle to use.Nothing fancy just accurate, reliable and quite nice to look at too.