Pardner Protector for $30.00 (net)?

mpd61

Dick's Sporting Goods has these on sale marked down from 249.95 to 179.95.
I have a $150 Gift card. I don't have a 12 ga HD shotgun, and this isn't a Benelli M-4, but is it a decent basic gun for the money? Quick thoughts please the sale ends soon.
:eek:

Webleymkv

From everything I've ever heard, they aren't as refined as a Remington, Winchester, or Mossberg but they're functional guns that are a decent deal for the price. Had I not found a used Remington 870 for a very good price, I'd probably own one myself.

jmortimer

It is a "bet your life on it gun" - it is an 870 clone all parts interchange except the barrels and the receiver is a different shape. I like mine so much I got rid of my Mossberg 590 w/GRS. I am getting another with my $200.00 credit at the gun store I use. Anyway here is a link to Police Link where 10 law enforcement officers all give great reviews about their Pardner Protectors. You will not be disappointed. Remington/Marlin/H&R are doing us all a big favor importing the Pardner Pumps. The LEOs who are actual owners give it essentially 5/5 star reviews http://policelink.monster.com/products/products/3296-hr-1871-pardner-pump-protector

mpd61

Got it!

It's quite the tank. Won't win any beauty contests, but it's put together solid. Thanks for the input. I'll let you know how she runs!
:D