• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Parallel threads in a diagonal universe

C.R.Sam

We have parallel Dell Computer threads running in General and in Legal.

Might they be merged ?

Nosredna Mas

Quartus

Sam, there are 4 threads, one of which Tamara locked as a duplicate. I PM'd Staff this afternoon about it, but so far only that one thread is locked.

(pointy-eared Spock voice on)

Fascinating, Captain, it appears that these threads are growing expodentially.

If the current rate of growth continues, TFL will be overwhelmed in exactly 3 days, 17 hours, 14 minutes, and 22 seconds.

(pointy-eared Spock voice off)

No, I meant EXPOdentially...

Because no matter what happens, it's going to be one hell of a show! :D

(note to self -- kick phonics instructor)

I see on that site that some people are now claiming that it was an AUTOMATED filter that bumped Weigand's order, and not a sales rep.

Any information on that?

Quartus

The other thread has info from Michael Dell, his very self. Looks to me like a minor boo boo that nailed the wrong guy, was subsequently not handled well, and the gunnie steamroller is gonna be hard to stop.

Frankly, it looks to me like Dell is clean.

If I were upper managment, I'd be firing some employees who stuck their noses in a big mess on the customer forum - and made it worse. They should have shut up and bounced it upstairs.

Mal H

Staff
Heck and here I was giving Mike credit for a witty new word and I now find it was just a typo.

Expodentially - adv. Showing ones teeth to induce fear. Sneering like a wolf.