Para Warthog

KROIL

I would like opinions on the Para Warthog from the people that own them or have fired them. I was looking at one of the new stainless ones. Its much nicer looking than the blued version and has a steel frame. Is that short grip hard to hang onto? Accurate ? I have heard Remington is going to absorb Para into their lineup. Truth or rumor.

I have a Para-Ordnance P10.45, which was the predecessor to the Warthog. Some people reportedly had problems with the P10.45 so Para stopped production for a year or more, and when it came back it wore the "Warthog" name. Mine has been completely reliable. However, I haven't run tens of thousands of rounds through it. I bought it partially "just because," and partially to have a small pistol with 10-round capacity. I don't regularly use it as a range blaster.

My hands are average, not huge -- I generally wear a size large men's glove. My P10 has flush-base magazines and I don't find it especially difficult to grip for shooting. A friend, who works in the shop at the range where I shoot, has an actual Warthog. He also likes it very much. His magazines have a pinkie protrusion, which probably helps a bit with the grip. I think that's the only type magazine they've been using for several years.

Yes, ParaUSA has been absorbed by Remington.

Last edited:

jreXD9

I had the Warthog. IMO, a beautiful, chunky pistol. I couldn't get it to run right, tho. Stove pipes, FTF, FTE,you name it. I wanted that gun to work. I finally said heck with it after one unproductive range session and traded it for an XD45 Compact, which ran like a top!

slugchucker

"Chunky" is right!

My first outing at the range with the Warthog, with some Wincherster red and white 230 grain, extractor claw broke on second box. Did some research and found out this was common place. Para provided excellent customer service, short turn around, paid for shipping both ways. This being said, I traded it off for a G20 and some ammo and haven't regretted it once. Good luck!

OcelotZ3

I bought a used one that turned out to have a worn extractor which caused issues with the firing pin block. Para sent me a new extractor for free.

I haven't fired a lot through it since then (about 200 rounds) but it has run perfectly. I really like mine.

michael t

Mine was a 1 shot pistol with ammo storage in the grip area. Sent for repair was a sometime 2 shot pistol. :mad: That was my 1st and last Para . I have more faith in 25 Titan