Para : size & reliability?

dave421

I've been searching on here about the Para Hi-caps and I can't find anything about the actual size. They seem to be pretty reliable with most owners happy but I'm really wanting to know how much bigger they are. There's a lot of "bigger than single-stack" but no real numbers.

Is there anyone that can measure the circumference of their Para P14? By any chance does someone have a G21 or G21SF to compare it to? How about an XD?

I'm also curious about parts. I've got that mags are hard to find but does everything else (mostly) swap over? Grips for example. Can I throw on any other 1911 grips (I'm assuming a Hogue wrap-around wouldn't work but otherwise...)?

I've been looking at getting back into 1911s and this one intrigues me but I can't find one locally to check out (I can find the Single stack Paras but not the hi-caps).

Thanks.

hornet41

Dave421,
Maybe this will help:I measured my P14 double stack and C7 single stack. Both are .45's.
P14 grip circumference= 6 in.
grip width = 1.318

C7 grip circumference= 5 1/4 in.
grip width = 1.066

P14 bottom of slide to end of grip= 5 in.
C7 = 4 in.
(measured along front of grip, No mag.)
Can't say enough about Para's. Love them!!!!
P14 with full mag. is pretty heavy!!!!!!!!! 'Mo

snail

Paras are great!!!!

The feel in the hand is more like a XD or 21SF than a Glock 21. I was surprised how small they feel in the hand. Regular 1911 grips will NOT work, but Hogue makes wraparound grips for it. If you need parts for it Brownells should have them, and Bar-sto makes custom barrels for them too. Just be ready for the price tag on those magazines:(........

john in jax

I've owned two Para P14.45's and a compact, little 12.45 LDA. I've to echo hornet's comments on how great they are and how heavy they get when you pack all those rounds in the mag.

I don't currently own one so I can give you measurements, but I can say the double stack .45acp Para felt a lot better in my hand than a dbl stack 9mm Beretta.

dave421

Thanks for the help. I forgot one question though. So far, I haven't found anything that says how many mags they come with. Do they come with 1 or 2?

hornet41

My P14 came with one 10 round. Bought before the AWB died. I've since bought hi capacity's for it. I don't know if they would come with two or not now! My C7 and Carry9 came with two mags..

shortwave

dave 421 ,both my 45 carry companion and carry nine came with two mags. both have operated flawless. 45 has several thous. rds and nine 2-3 thous. rds. i`m happy. brother bought new 45 companion and had trouble with ftf. approx. one shot in two mags. with different ammo. sent to para repair facility in tennessee, was fixed and sent back to him in approx. 2 wks. shoots anything you put in it now. he`s happy.